• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Panzer In The Sand

The gel is fairly solid right away, I pressed the tank into the sand to make the tracks right after spreading the mixture. It did not stick to the treads and left nice impressions behind the Panzer. In the 7 hours since I spread the gel, it has hardened to the touch.

The Road To El Alamein was fraught with pot holes and gremlins, but we mangaed to bring this one home. Here's what I came up with.

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

That's all folks!

:drinks :drinks

The gel is fairly solid right away, I pressed the tank into the sand to make the tracks right after spreading the mixture. It did not stick to the treads and left nice impressions behind the Panzer. In the 7 hours since I spread the gel, it has hardened to the touch.

I must have done something wrong, maybe too much color? mine is still pretty tacky and the tracks just made a mess. I'll check my test bed in the morning. :zen

Most outstanding round-up, Mike! (y) That Panzer looks the part: what a fine job on the weathering (the chippping looks so real!) and such great detailing on a small scale model! :notworthy Wonderful model that makes one travel through time and kinda "feel" what those beasts were like in the desert war... :eek:hyeah

Cheers and congrats for such a cool build! :coolio
Fernao

Back