• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Panzer In The Sand

Hope you got the "and...?"... HOHOHOHOHOHO!!! Did you notice your post count? Nice! :dude Good work, bro! (y)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Well, the gremlins are back in Carolina!

Gremlin_4.jpg

I added some of the pin washes to my little IV last week and glued up the DS tracks, only to find when I tried to install them, one broke at the joint!

Gremlin_3.jpg

I set it all aside and worked on other things, planning to come back to it this past weekend. I pulled out the box and lo and behold! BOTH sprockets, fully painted and weathered, were GONE! I searched everywhere, went so far as to check the parts boxes, under the furniture and yes, I even cleaned the bench!

Yukon_Cornelius_Nuthin_21.jpg

Nuthin'!!

Damn pesky gremlins!

Hot_Stuff.jpg

SO, this is where the road may end for my build.

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5686.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

:drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks

Hold it, what's that?

Stopping_the_bullets.jpg

The missing sprockets, still on their painting posts, were sitting beside the bench the whole time!!

IMG_5693.JPG

Now if I can just get them installed and the track issue fixed, I may have dodged a bullet!

The_Matrix_Bullet_Dodging.jpg

:rotf :drinks (y)

Okay I must have been sleeping on the job. Totally missed this build. Very very nice Mike. Great that you dodged the Gremlin bullet. (y) (y) (y)
James

Phew...good catch! I keep hoping I'll find that funky exhaust pipe for the Hetzer I built a couple years back...

No wonder you could not see them :rotf :rotf :rotf . How many beers was that ? :hmmm

Glad you found them Mike. That Panzer looks great (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Hold it, what's that?

Stopping_the_bullets.jpg

The missing sprockets, still on their painting posts, were sitting beside the bench the whole time!!

IMG_5693.JPG

Now if I can just get them installed and the track issue fixed, I may have dodged a bullet!

The_Matrix_Bullet_Dodging.jpg

:rotf :drinks (y)

MIKE ,

WoW Dude .... pass some of that over this way Bro ! :D

Great lookin F2/G ! I dig th weathered look ! She's a Queen of th Desert Fo-Sho !!

Great save on th Sprockets ! :zen

:erik

Good for you, Mike, for having found the missing sprockets - it would've been sad to see this most excellent buid interrupted for such a trivial reason! :unsure:

Ron said:
Are you guys aware that this is a 1:72 model?!
Wow... I had all but forgotten about that! :eek:hmy: Quite the achievement, eh, specially when it comes to the painting and weathering (chipping effects are awesome!)! :dude You're Da Man, bro! :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Hmmmm lets see drinking beer, working on something the size of my wrist watch well no wonder you lost the sprockets. Looks great Mike! I'm glad you found your missing parts.

Terry :laugh:

Me, drinking beer while working on a model? Surely you jest! I only started drinking AFTER I spent the better part of two days looking for something that was RIGHT BESIDE MY CHAIR all along! Thanks guys, I am glad the AWOL parts are found and now maybe I can wrap it up. :drinks

Thank you, friends!!

Down the home stretch! I got the assembly finished without more drama and turned my attention to a suitable base for the beast. I purchased a stair rail rosette from work and put a clear polyurethane finish on it. After that was dry, I mixed up a batch of Galeria Sand Texture Gel with some Model Color Buff and Mahogany Sand and spread it over the area I wanted to cover. The Galeria stuff came from Hobby Lobby and will dry colorless if you don't add paint.

IMG_5694.JPG

Excuse me, I believe I ordered the large coffee. :laugh: :java

I ground up some oil drying material (swiped it from my garage) and sprinkled it over the base to add some larger texture, followed by some play sand for a finer mix. The tank was pressed into the still drying base, making sure to leave tracks behind.

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

After everything sets, I'll do final touch ups to the vehicle and sweep up the crumbs. This should wrap up on time, whew! :coolio Thanks for stopping by!

:drinks

Back