• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A fast target, Me-262 nearly done

stitch_83

This is the Revell 1:72 scale kit of the -B1a/U1. Painted with my usual mix of Tamiya, Vallejo and Humbrol.

I've taken a "what-if" approach to the weathering, mainly what if the Schwalbe had done what it'd meant to - hold off the bombardments, extending the war somewhat. Applying some artistic license to the situation lends me to think they'd be rushed back into the air, perhaps with lack of cleaning etc hence the overdone cannon stains and rather grimey appearance. What this has taught me, is that I have to up my game with the precision airbrush work - I again refer you to the overdone cannon stains ;)

The gear actuators still need to be painted and the antenna to be added. There's also a mast to be added to the underside.

DSC_0003262finished.jpg

DSC_0006262finished.jpg

The kit itself is brilliant, cracking fit and aside from the gear wells, (evident in above photo) has got some really good detail for the scale. The decals however, are very poor, thick, refused to come off the backing in some cases and a pain to get into the panels, so I'd recommend some AM decals if anyone else has this kit.

DSC_0004262finished.jpg

DSC_0005262finished.jpg

As always, comments and crit welcome.
:cool:
Stitch

Back