• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A-20G Boston, 51 MTAP, Italeri 1/48 >>>DONE<<<

A-20G Boston, 51 MTAP VVS KBF, Italeri 1/48

Looking good

Maybe you answer this, the two different different interior colors, one green and the other is the yellow. What is that yellow called?

Jeff that's Yellow or Zinc chromate (developed by Ford no less (y)), there is also a Green Chromate from a different process, both forms of anti corrosives. But that's probably interior green in the cockpit.

The Yellow and Green Chromates were refereed as #1 and 2 but I can't remember the order. There's a color photo of the tail section of a B17 where the stringers and runners are zinc but the outer skin is clear lacquer, I've yet to see someone do that on a build but I don't get around much anymore... :D

Here's a great article about interior colors during WW2
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/01/stuff_eng_interior_colours_us.htm

Oh cool. I've been looking at photos of Mustangs and Corsairs and seen some of the inside was yellow while other parts were green. Makes since.

Now does Testors or Humbrol make the yellow?

I know Testors has the Yellow, it's the only one I can find around here. you would think someone else would have done it by now.

Progress is not very impressive (Boston got engines and I finished the painting of landing gear remnants and propellers)- that's how it is when to work on several models in parallel ... The next step will be small puttying around engine nacelle area and then I will start to "play" in the painting :hmmm

DSCF6061.JPG

DSCF6062.JPG

Superb work here and superb choice of subject too. Really looking forward to watching you paint this, Hubert.

Ian

You are making it look easy, Hubert. (y) :drinks

Progress is not very impressive (Boston got engines and I finished the painting of landing gear remnants and propellers)- that's how it is when to work on several models in parallel ... The next step will be small puttying around engine nacelle area and then I will start to "play" in the painting :hmmm

DSCF6061.JPG

DSCF6062.JPG

What sort of strangeness have you got going on with the canopy Hubert?

Looking good so far :popcorn

What sort of strangeness have you got going on with the canopy Hubert?

Nothing - it's just the effect of a polarizing filter on the camera B)

Because I will paint Boston using Italeri acrylics that poorly cling to plastic I secured whole model by Surfacer 500. Now I can proceed with the camouflage applying :eek:hyeah

DSCF6147.jpg

Nice and grey, looks like a good base to build on. Those Italeri colors should work better with the primer don't you think?

Nice work Hubert ! (y)

moon puppy

I know Testors has the Yellow, it's the only one I can find around here. you would think someone else would have done it by now.

Tamiya ITEM 81704
XF_4 Yellow Green

Gunze/Mr. Hobby
H_058 marked as interior green

Like how you masked around for the insignias to keep it from bleeding under the decals. :popcorn

Well that just leaps off the screen. Very nicely done Hubert.

Ian

Back