• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

40k Storm Eagle

Re: CTA Entry - Heavens Eagle - 40k Storm Eagle

Sorry to hear you're not going to make the deadline. Lots of work to be done for sure, you are going to finish though, right?

Oh yes! I got this beast this far along, so the hardest part is over. One more PITA spot (those 2 parts) and the rest is all the little detail things I wanted to do, or found it needed. Instead of cramming it into a week or 2 it might be a little longer, but I am on a roll now so why stop?
Things still to do:
1. Do some duct work for behind the slots in the 2 unmounted parts. (just discovered this was needed)
2. Mount said parts.
3. Blend edges and clean up more rough spots. (this will take a little time)
4. Finish up Cockpit and canopy.
5. Design up logos for Space Marine chapter. (Have design, just need to make 3d relief in size to mount)
6. Little details on rear landing gear.
7. Touch up and mount rear door.
8. Mount side doors.
9. Paint (this should take some time as well) Who knows what surface defects I have missed on this beast.

Actually was dreading the paint part mostly due to the fact I had not worked it through in my head yet. This will allow me to plan that out. Have kept this under wraps locally so I can just pop up with it.
TA-DA! :yipee

If I had realized this thing had the problems it does I would have built something more traditional (I have so many nice kits I could have built) (sigh) :idonno

The good thing is I can now take time to do some "real" posts. :eek:hyeah

:beer

As the GB is officially over, I can now take the time to do up some proper posts. I do still intend to get this beast finished soon, but now can do so and add the details I wanted. (y)

So without further adoo here is the next installment! :yipee

StormEaglePg06.jpg

StormEaglePg07.jpg

StormEaglePg08.jpg

StormEaglePg09.jpg

StormEaglePg10.jpg

StormEaglePg11.jpg

Enjoy all! I will be back soon with more updates!

It's time for another update! I am still working on the kit, just not quite as hard as I was. Taking things just a little more leisurely right now.

StormEaglePg12.jpg

StormEaglePg13.jpg

StormEaglePg14.jpg

StormEaglePg15.jpg

Enjoy everyone! I should have more posts up soon!

I say often it's a nice job, this is flat out work. Labor of love for sure :drinks

Hey guys! Just dropping a note that I am still plugging away at this beast! It is coming along and looking more like the unpainted pics in the first photo all the time. Had an idea for one modification that after looking at it mocked up decided to pass on the mod. :D

Anyway, I will be posting more on the build soon!

Here is the new post everyone! It ended up being quite large this time, but I am now caught up post to where I actually am on the build.

Enjoy and as always feel free to ask questions and let me know what you think!

StormEaglePg16.jpg

StormEaglePg17.jpg

StormEaglePg18.jpg

StormEaglePg19.jpg

StormEaglePg20.jpg

StormEaglePg21.jpg

StormEaglePg22.jpg

StormEaglePg23.jpg

StormEaglePg24.jpg

That's all for now! Stay tuned! :beer

Hey All!
I have been busy the last couple of weeks. Have added some nice details and finally was able to attach the rudder pieces to my satisfaction. They were an absolute bear and were the straw that ka-bashed finishing this kit in time for the Group Build.

Anyway there is much goodness in this post so enjoy! As always questions and comments are welcome!

StormEaglePg26.jpg

StormEaglePg27.jpg

StormEaglePg28.jpg

StormEaglePg29.jpg

StormEaglePg30.jpg

CTA Entry - Heavens Eagle - 40k Storm Eagle

Hey everybody!
Here is a new post showing more progress. I suspect that this build isn't all that interesting for this forum, but as I started it here I am still progressing though at a little slower pace. I also restarted a build on the Roden 1/32 Seimens Schuckert D.III. It doesn't have much done, but of course nothing is quite right so "Off with it's . . . part thingy!"
:evil: (If someone asks real nice, I will load up the build in this forum)

Before that though here are some more build details, tricks and tidbits! So enjoy!

StormEaglePg31.jpg

StormEaglePg32.jpg

StormEaglePg33.jpg

StormEaglePg34.jpg

StormEaglePg35.jpg

StormEaglePg36.jpg

Well now it is getting much closer to choosing the colors for this beast. Little details and whatnot that need to be done.

Now, time for a beer!
:drinks

I was asked a little while back on another forum if I could post some information on the tool I use to do the various things when building my models. Here is some information for all of you, it is a starting place if you desire to build your own. Some of the parts can be built to acceptable tolerances with simple tools and some time. Others (The pin mounts and 1-2-3 Blocks) have to be extremely accurate or they won't do the job. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will be glad to help.

Tool01.jpg

Tool02.jpg

Tool03.jpg

Tool04.jpg

Tool05.jpg

Tool06.jpg

Tool07.jpg

Enjoy! Next time I will have some more work on the Storm Eagle. I scratch built from plastic card a 3D logo for my SM Chapter. It is a slightly simplified version of my forum avatar with some small additions. It really turned out much better than I had expected. Now to make a rubber mold and make some resin duplicates to mount on the model. More on that next time!

OK, this build has lain in the gutter for a while. Recently started contemplating about finishing it. I really had to step back from this one back when as it TOTALLY burned me out. :bang head

Just could not even stand to look at it and thinking about trying to work on it was :vmad

A little space, some other builds, and some more experience on the painting part has helped a lot. So I will be looking into maybe finishing this in the near future. :hmmm

Back