• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

32 scale wildcat....calling it done

many thanks.

well i think i have done as much damage to this one as i can take.

didnt come out anywhere near what i wanted. definite learning experience.

a few pics to show the endgame.

finished-9_zps08a77446.jpg

finished-3_zps60b6b7fd.jpg

finished-7_zps885d3bc5.jpg

finished-8_zps45bb97e2.jpg

she is on the shelf. i am on to the next one.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

I think it came out looking great Joe. Now you just need to get some ez line and start trying your hand at the radio wires.

I think it came out looking great Joe. Now you just need to get some ez line and start trying your hand at the radio wires.

I strongly echo this. I got some from Wingnut Wings for the Fokker, should have been using it all along. I did antenna wire for something and was disappointed in the way the monofiliment fishing line did not curve around a turnbuckle the way it should have. Ezline would work great there. :good:

you are all very kind. thank you.

i am a bit clueless when it comes to the radio lines. you will notice most of my builds do not have them. i just havent been able to replicate them the way i want to. i guess it is an aspect of building that i really should man up and work on.

joe

Hey, Joe- this came out great! I've been quietly watching along with the gang. If you can build a B-17 like your last, you can do a little ol' aerial wire, ya big lug, you! ;)

Cheers!
chuk

The Wildcat tuned out great Joe! (y)

I never bother with adding the radio wires to my models either, I used to do that but I ended up breaking them when dusting the models and got tired of fixing them.
Besides, on a lot of photographs of WWII aircraft you can't even see the wires so I don't worry if it can't be seen on my models. ;)

Matrixone

The Wildcat tuned out great Joe! (y)

I never bother with adding the radio wires to my models either, I used to do that but I ended up breaking them when dusting the models and got tired of fixing them.
Besides, on a lot of photographs of WWII aircraft you can't even see the wires so I don't worry if it can't be seen on my models. ;)

Matrixone

That's the beauty of ez line Les. It stretches and bounces back to the original shape. Never an issue with it snapping like stretched sprue.

Ryan,
I understand how useful the EZ line is I just have no way to get any of it now. Since I don't enter contests I am not really concerned if my models have the radio wires or not as long as they look somewhat like the aircraft in the photographs and in a lot of photographs of Luftwaffe aircraft you can't really see the wire. :cheer:

Matrixone

I see your point but I have wondered for years if the no see ums was due to the poor quality of the photography . :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

many thanks for the kind words.

my only reason for not doing the antenna lines has really been a silly one. i cant seem to get the end connectors to look right. seems silly when i look at some of the things i have just gone and done but that is the reason.

joe

Back