• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1946 - Me P.1099B - JUST FINISHED!...

1946 - Me P.1099B - RLM 84 a...

Nice technique with the pen and panels lines. Gotta try that one! :eek:ldguy

And great rendering of the elusive RLM 84! (y)

M

Great Job, Luiz! I concur - that RLM 84 is not easy to get right. Looking forward to your further progress.

Abracos,

Alex

:blink Ok, you guys had me looking on the internet for RLM 84 .

To me, the bottle of paint looks like RLM 84 but the jet looks like primmer gray on my monitor :idonno

I don't want to start arguments or hurt anyone's feelings over a paint that was feild mixed since I was not there to see it myself .

It is said that vallejo has made a fact simile of this color . vallejo 71.103 in case someone needs some.

I also pulled up the picture of a relic in case someone would like see the actual paint .

Not criticizing your work Luiz . Just trying to share a controversial paint color.

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice technique with the pen and panels lines. Gotta try that one! :eek:ldguy

And great rendering of the elusive RLM 84! (y)

M

Yes Michel,I usually do this,it acts as a reference to paint the dark colors over the panel lines...thank you for following my job :good:

Luiz

Great Job, Luiz! I concur - that RLM 84 is not easy to get right. Looking forward to your further progress.

Abracos,

Alex

Thank you Alex!...the next step will be the camo colors...late war colors,of course :drool

Abracos, too... :D :D

Luiz

To me, the bottle of paint looks like RLM 84 but the jet looks like primmer gray on my monitor :idonno

I don't want to start arguments or hurt anyone's feelings over a paint that was feild mixed since I was not there to see it myself .

It is said that vallejo has made a fact simile of this color . vallejo 71.103 in case someone needs some.

I also pulled up the picture of a relic in case someone would like see the actual paint .

Not criticizing your work Luiz . Just trying to share a controversial paint color.

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Chris.

These colors were done based on the chart of colors of an old book about the Luftwaffe camo squemes ,i.e, Luftwaffe Painting Guide from Monogran Publications...a classic of the 70's.

Best regards!

Luiz

Looking back at your pen technique, it looks very nice . I use to do that , but post paint work.

I think this is a better idea .

Also noted on those pictures the RLM 84 looks just like the Vallejo paint :good: Good job.

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Chris.

These colors were done based on the chart of colors of an old book about the Luftwaffe camo squemes ,i.e, Luftwaffe Painting Guide from Monogran Publications...a classic of the 70's.

Best regards!

Luiz

I have that book Luiz . The pictures I was looking at for some reason did not look right . Probably just lighting .

By the way the picture I found today looks like the Monogram color :good:

Cheers, Christian

Dear Chris.

Thank you for following...and the comments,of course :salute

Best!

Luiz

Love the pen technique Luiz- looking forward to more!

That's looking great Luiz!

The color you chose for the undersurfaces is fine, trying to evaluate colors on a model using indoor lighting is pointless. The way I feel about painting models of these late war aircraft is getting as close as I can with the colors shades and leave it at that. :eek:ldguy

The light green color sometimes known as ''RLM 84'' was once believed to be a field mixed shade of paint but in more recent years researchers have compared surviving parts of different aircraft types that were painted with the light green color and they seem to match quite well which suggests this was an intended shade of paint and not just random field mixes of paint. A lot of Mimetall built Fw 190D-9's used this paint color as well as the He 219 being restored at the NASM.
Sadly no documentation exists concerning this paint color but that is not surprising when you consider how much many files were either burned or lost during the end of the war and post war era and all we have are old color photographs and aircraft parts as evidence of this color which makes getting a perfect match to it questionable at best.

Matrixone

Thank you Jeeves and Les for the nice comments!

@ Les...great observations about RLM 84...very elucidative :good:

Best!

Luiz.

Nice looking Bird ... Luiz ... not getting into the paint color as on my Putter it's not a green shade ... I'll just hide and watch .... Your doing a great job on this one BTW ... (y) :pilot :salute

1946 - Me P.1099B - RLM 82...

Hi all!

Now it´s time of the Me P.1099B...starting the camo job...the RLM 82 application...

See you soon!

Luiz.

1946 - Me P.1099B - RLM 82...

Amazing Job so far Luis. :notworthy :notworthy

How do you get your paints and supplies in Brazil? A few friends of mine have been having problems in the "deep south" with supplies. Is it better in Rio?

Cheers and abracos,

Alex

Back