• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

Almost have the launch ready.
In 1812 the Constitution's
IMG_20220114_200316871-01.jpeg

boats had pegs for the oar locks rather than swivels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, you knocked that out of the park! Wow!

I bow in the presence of greatness here! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :tens:
Thanks Duke. To get a break from these task's at hand I'm looking into the future, and glancing through the rigging plans. IDK...lol. But then I think, well that's still a couple of years away yet, so I'm good...lol.

Oh yeah the Ship boats are awesome and add a whole new level of detail!! The future is rigged...:doh:...anywho that will be quite the undertaking.
:good:

Excellent job on the boats!
3D-Thumbs up Lg.gif

One thought, what holds the oars in place in the boats? I am sure that they just don't set there. Were they tied down some way? With all the other added detail, that kind of shows up.

While looking for info on the boats Constitution carried in 1812, I came across this. Now I'm looking for info on why Constitution was carrying two tigers onboard when it took on HMS Java. Btw, the the Java was the second ship in 6 months the Constitution had defeated, so the British Navy sent out word that their ships were not to engage Constitution alone anymore.
Screenshot_20220117-152823.png

The Constitution went through many changes over the years. These pics were both taken in 1881. The one photo's description that reads "only known photograph of Constitution under sail"

Screenshot_20220117-165811.png
Screenshot_20220117-165918.png
is no longer true. It sailed once again, under it's own power, 116 years later in 1997.

Back