• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Kfir C2 enters the fray...

It's been cold & wet here so, aint been able to do any painting. :frantic And of course, daily life with the holidays. Anyways, I got the idea to sneak my spray rig & box into my room So I can attempt to complete this on time... :evil: But, I got busted by Mom!! :bang head :bang head :bang head :frantic :frantic I'll try again when she goes to sleep :pilot

Good Job Ed ... after you get the compressor in your room better do a sound buffer ... could be a dead give away ... :rotf ... nice job on the paint ... might want to give it a dull coat though ... Carry On :pilot

Good Job Ed ... after you get the compressor in your room better do a sound buffer ... could be a dead give away ... :rotf ... nice job on the paint ... might want to give it a dull coat though ... Carry On :pilot

Thanks. I'm not too worried about her hearing the compressor since it's about the loudness of a fish tank pump when the water level is a tad low. Mom's hearing aint too good these days & she does spend most of her time in her room at the other end of the house :drinks

Was going to sit down and mask off for the upperpaint this afternoon but, my nephew, his wife & their 5 month old son, my other grand-nephew Axle showed up & visited for a few hours!! :geek :dance :drinks Just made my day to see him & for the first time, I got to hold him. (I feel all thumbs with new borns) and now he's all of 17 lbs!!

Anyways, I got my box & spray rig into my room just a few mins ago :evil: :evil: :soldier but, too tired to mask & paint tonite...

Well, nothin' got done today. Mom decided to wait until tomorrow to get the blood test done. Went to the store about 4pm and I noticed a geyer of water near the well shooting 30 feet in the air! :eek:hmy: :blink :bang head Couldn't find a shut off valve so, tried getting ahold of my nephew but, mom called the fire Dept. and they sent someone out & we got the water turned off.
My knowledge of wells is nil so, am trying to learn about the system & see if I can fix it. A brass "T" fitting busted & I think it had a pressure gauge on it but, not for sure tho.

So, don't look like I'll get this done in time :bang head

Bob, maybe move this to De Ja Vu?

Bummer Ed. Gotta have priorities though. You'll get her done soon though.

It's definitely a messed up situation. I can't get ahold of my nephew to come look at the well & I got to take mom to the Dr tomorrow, no water in the house right now & it's cold & wet out as well :bang head :bang head

Wish I was there to help you Eddy, growing up in the restaurant (that ran on well water) business you learn to be a jack of all trades, that T would be an easy fix.

Will move this.

Wish I was there to help you Eddy, growing up in the restaurant (that ran on well water) business you learn to be a jack of all trades, that T would be an easy fix.

Will move this.

Thanks Bob. The extent of my knowledge of wells is, ya gotta add water softener to it every so often. I'll try to remove the brass fitting later on, after mom's Dr appt & run down to the hardware store & see what they gotta say about it & if they got one there.

This really sucks, I had a plan on getting the Kfir done on time too!! Makes me :sick: :bang head

Hey Bob, Thanks again for moving this over. Hopefully I can get this done sometime next year (y) (y) The decals alone are gonna take awhile :frantic :frantic

Think I fixed the well!! Found a brass threaded cap & it fit right nicely & snugged it up & turned the juice back on & no leaks! Been 45 mins now... :hmmm :popcorn

Finally got around to getting pics of where I'm at now on this.

h810eb88.JPG

h35c550c.JPG

Gonna try to get the next color on today...

Back