• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Kfir C2 enters the fray...

Quick update. Sprue has been cut, Plastic has been slapped :eek:hmy: :eek:hyeah

h9f9ff47.JPG

Wing assembly assembled waiting for fusealage to join up.

hfdd592f.JPG

seat & boarding ladder

h57945f3.JPG

Cockpit tub painted, waiting IP & console decals

h0e7bbeb.JPG

one of the drop tanks? assembled

I didn't notice at first how much flash there is on the parts!! :blink Spent about an hour cleaning them up :bat

Just got the IP & console decals on! :gogo lil buggers tho! I'll get pics in a bit. And then, Ican seal this puppy up!! :geek

Well, I see I see I aint updated this :blush: Ok, here's some pics of my progress... :drinks

h7ddac63.JPG

hb070d88.JPG

h4770709.JPG

Now I've gotten the fuselage sealed up (y)

hdd76d92.JPG

hf98ee9e.JPG

he8998d4.JPG

Now to decide which scheme I'ma gonna do :idonno
Ok fellas, Seein' how I aint got any IDF paints on hand, Which colors are close enuff?

Scheme #1:

This scheme uses the same grey as used on the tactical grey schemes on USN aircraft. FS36320 (Dark Ghost Grey) & FS36375 (Light Ghost Grey). Testors MM line uses the FS numbers for a quick & accurate match.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/m3/images/kfirc2_profile01.jpg

Admittedly it's not as cool looking as the standard Late Strike Israeli camo.

Scheme #2 FS numbers to cross reference Model Master paint.

Kfir Israeli Late Strike Camo

FS 33531 (Sand)
FS 34424 (Medium Grey?, but it's actually more of a green. No Model Master available. Tamiya XF-30 exists though)
FS 30219 (Dark Tan)
FS 36375 (Lt Ghost Grey)

A couple charts I've found:

IPMS Color Reference Chart
JPR Color Cross-reference Charts

I've added the Scheme #1 info into the above post as well so it's in one spot for ya. ;)

Ok fellas, here she sits as of a few mins ago.

h86cf27f.JPG

ha72aef0.JPG

hea937fb.JPG

h7f8d2ce.JPG

Have a little seam work to do but, not too much :D
I'm starting to lean towards Paint scheme#2 but, don't have XF-30. What would be a "close enuff" stand in? :idonno

Whatever you got that's a grey/green. Or even mix up some Lt Ghost Grey w/ some Medium Green (USAF Vietnam).

Back