• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

The inhabitants of Naboo, Bespin and Tatooine know how irritating it is, every year, when all those Snowbirds show up in winter. The fly in from from Hoth, Greenland, or Siberia, with their campers and their stinky Taun-Tauns, griping about the heat, leaving empty beer cans, melted shaved ice cones and spent blaster magazines every where.

Parking is impossible! Even a Martian can't go to the Wal-Mart without some kind of confrontation.

Ever since the Rebellion ended, with the Evil Empire deposed, all those aging Alliance veterans paint ANYTHING like their old Imcon fighters! They come screaming in low, chasing trains, harassing transports, dropping empty Rum bottles on passing Gungans, and doing improbable aerobatics in some old Bucket.

You can't go anywhere near a campground without having to hear the same, old, boring, story about the day they blew up the second Death Star! Every one of 'em claims to have flown with Wedge Antilles into the superstructure. 2 or 3 will tell you how they rescued JFK with Bill Liebenow from Nauru island.
Peacetime is not easy for hardened Space Warriors.

h2ffc294.JPG

h493ece7.JPG

Yes Friends. Silliness won out, as it usually does when I am free to do whatever I wish.
The Rebel Space Winnie!

Last edited:
Oh man! I want whatever you are taking for pain! LOL! That story was hilarious! I also love the Winnie and I'm glad you painted it like the old Incom T-65! Way to go!

Here's hoping you get better soon.

With my Honey's Information Technology command center up & running, It's time for putting something together beside her comfy office chair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLyasJPyUU

h41357c8.JPG

It's these! 1/700 Heinkel He-280-V2T See Banshee jets to augment Graf Zeppelin's air group. 3D prints from Shapeways.

20210718_094922.jpg

All the 3D printed 1/700 stuff spent a week on the window sill of my "Nut Department" to finish curing the resin prints.
1/700 Consolidated P2Y-3 Rangers (?!?) got their basecoat today. I haven't any notion what the P2Y's are for, but I lacked the ability to continue Life without a couple of my very own.
20210718_094439.jpg

The M-41 Walker Bulldogs got painted the appropriate OD green, even though it's a little dark in this scale. I compared the 76mm 3D printed guns to the 88mm cannon on one of my Tiger I's. The M-41's appear to be armed with 155mm guns. (This will NOT DO!) It's cool they will print in this scale, however they will be replaced with turned brass 76's. The other dinky details look suitably "Walker Bulldog-ish", don't you agree?
Note to self: Order all future Shapeways 1/700 3D printed Tanks without gun barrels. :silly:
20210718_093917.jpg

It seemed really silly to load up the new (?) Aztek and paint just ONE Walker Bulldog....................
Special Tanks to Dave Bettis for supplying the new Testors Aztek body to an aging Airbrush Caveman. :geekon:

Tanks for looking in!:salute::oldguy::pilot

Interesting and man those are tiny.

I got one of those aztek when I first got back into this hobby aging around 2007. Interesting concept with that airbrush.

20210724_114806.jpg

Applying teeny decals.....................
20210724_123346.jpg

20210724_123220.jpg
base. See the irritating 3D layers on the main wing? NOW, I know my mix of clear yellow and clear orange over chrome silver isn't quite correct. I also know that the P2Y-3 Ranger was not overall silver. What I do not know is what to do with these lil' beauties now. These were never meant to be contest worthy and they aren't. I made them just for the fun of it!
Would any sane modeler backdate Loose Cannon Models exquisite 1/700 USS Langley back to her AV-3 configuration?
HA! Oh HELL no!!
Thanks for looking in! :oldguy::pilotsalute:

Ahh Yes. Doing a deckload of F6F's, SBD's and TBF's, for a full load of 92 aircraft on my 1/700 ESSEX was a test of patience. Lots of teeny clear plastic landing gear wheels lost on the floor in the process.
In the end, I realized I had applied all the star decals UPSIDE DOWN ( with the star pointing in the wrong direction) for about half the planes. I left them as is though. Only one guy at the model club even noticed and he was a plane builder.

Yours looks really good to me. I think those really tiny planes are nice to look at.

EJ

20210726_181531.jpg

1/700 Convair Jet Sea Dart, Martin Mars and Martin Marlin seaplanes.
20210727_190050.jpg

The chunky props would just not do. I sanded and bored out the engine nacelles for teeny prop shafts. PEE propellers will be installed later.
IMG_4170.JPG
IMG_4176.JPG
IMG_4177.JPG

My buddy Mark's Dad-in-law was a VP-48 Marlin driver way back in '50's. His was a P5M-1 with the rounded vertical stabilizer and hull mounted horizontal stabilizers and elevators. SOMETHING must be done to honor David Ellis Gay, even in our favorite scale.
Thanks for looking in!

Back