• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 scale Bf 109's x 2

As ever, a pleasure to see these coming together, Les. Looking forward to seeing the 'airfield' pics later-on.

Ian

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated!

Three of the four 109's are now finished and I have been waiting for some good weather to get out to the airfield and take pictures of the finished models but the weather here the past month has been the third wettest ever on record making picture taking rather difficult. :bang head
Earlier today it was sunny and I attempted to set up my photobase and get my pictures but as I was nearly done with my setup it clouded over and looked like rain again so I only had time for a few quick snaps of mostly the K-4 and only one of the G-14.

The K-4 is in the center of this first picture. As you can tell by looking at these images I was planning on taking some pictures of my 109's similar to those of the many well known photograph's of the mass surrender of 109's on May 8th 1945 at Neubiberg. For these doing these kind of pictures I need really nice weather and sunlight which I did not really have today.
hb9f5a25.JPG

hf2eaea8.JPG

hc641745.JPG

haff7687.JPG

The G-14

hf6c8d0b.JPG

In about a week there is supposed to be some nicer weather arrive here and will attempt to get proper pictures of the models (including the Me 163) :) at that time.

Matrixone

"The Les Effect" = The ability to positively affect like-minded individuals and inspire them create better Luftwaffe models. First identified at www.modelersalliance.com , April 2014.

Does that cover it ??

Ian

Excellent, excellent work Les!!! B)

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

Btw: only 27 days... and Eduard Bf-106G6...is out lol

Thanks for the kind words guys!

By the middle of next week I expect to have better pictures of these Messerschmitts, the pictures already posted were converted to b/w because that seemed a perfect match to the dark gloomy weather conditions that day. The next group of pictures will have some of them in color. :)

Dusan,
Before I even consider buying anymore Bf 109 models I have several Hasegawa and Hobbycraft (ugh) kits to build first. My hope is that Eduard will produce a kit of the Erla built Bf 109G-10, my collection is lacking that variant and there are some interesting paint schemes and markings they wore.

Matrixone

And yet another 109 has been started. ;)

This one is in 1/32 scale and is from the old Matchbox kit, I did not buy this one its being built for someone else...sounds like fun but its been anything but, this kit was started a long time ago by a non-modeler and most all the small bits had been removed from the sprues and bagged in plastic bags. None of the parts seem to be missing but I have to be ultra careful to not lose any of them while trying to identify what exactly some of those those parts are supposed to be. :bang head The construction drawings are not that good either.

h38ba5f1.JPG

Matrixone

Gotta love those old Matchbox Kits! I have a Lysander sitting in the stash... collecting dust...

Barney,
Its been well over ten years ago since I built one of these Matchbox 109's and I don't remember them being this crude...maybe building some of the 1/32 scale Hasegawa 109's have spoiled me. :idonno

There has been a couple days of nice weather here lately and I have taken well over 300 outdoor pictures of the finished 109's and Me 163, now I have to sort out the good ones from the bad but once I do I will post them up.
Here is a non-airfield teaser pic of the Academy Bf 109G-6.

hac42472.JPG

Matrixone

Back