• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell B-25J

sharkman

Master at Arms
I briefly mentioned this one while questioning about using foil for NMF.

Haven't started it much yet as I'm working on 2 other builds right now but I'll get the post going. Building this one for a group build on another site.

Here's the kit:

b25-1_zpsa67797ca.jpg

The old 1977 stamp from the mold!

b25-3_zpsadd86a07.jpg

Going to build this one as a Chilean plane. Chile received 11 B-25's in total

b25-8_zpsaf320fa9.jpg

b25-7_zps64f0ec29.jpg

Played around a bit in Photoshop and am hoping it will look something like this when finished.

B25_zpsa5ecbcfe.jpg

All i got done so far is a little interior assembly and removal of the camera opening

b25-4_zps0dcafba8.jpg

b25-5_zps46e76e94.jpg

b25-6_zps850611ac.jpg

Got some decals from my decal stash to use as well

b25-9_zps8be4e19b.jpg

Gotta love that old Monogram B-25. Overall it's a great kit. The only place I had issues when I built mine was the seam on the nose piece. :popcorn

A little more progress as I play with the foil.

Did a little work on the interior. I added some floors, walls, new fire extinguishers (the flat ones molded into the body didn't look right), new first aid kits, a couple additional pieces on the body wall and a new camera and mounting ring in the floor. All of these extras either came from the spares box or styrene strips, sheets.

b25-11_zps438f7934.jpg

b25-12_zpsa86f6b43.jpg

New camera and mount, the camera came from an Accurate Miniatures kit.

b25-13_zps57cd30da.jpg

from the belly... say cheese!

b25-14_zps949dae33.jpg

and a first shot of interior green!

b25-15_zps13cfe77b.jpg

I'm leaving the bomb bay closed so no detailing in there!

Great choice of scheme, looks 'smart'. I remember building the Monogram B-25 very badly sometime in the very late seventies or early eighties. As I recall it was a superb kit to put together, but that memory is thirty years old now, so could be unreliable :blush:

Looking forward to the progress, as it, erm.... progresses !!

Ian

Thanks everyone!

Ian, I'm really impressed with the detail in this kit considering its age. There are certainly a number of things that can be improved on but overall, for the price and age I think its a really good kit. I haven't seen the Accurate Miniatures kit yet and I think Hasegawa made a nice 1/72 version.

Everything seems to fit really well so far. My only issue is that since I'm modeling the bomb bay doors closed, there is a gap that I'll need to fill, but that's pretty common on a lot of kits that are meant to have the doors displayed open.

Ok, so a quick update...

Some more paint in the interior

b25-17_zps66ac2bf6.jpg

and what I've tried so far with the foil. Just doing a few panels at a time, then smoothing it out. Then I ran the rivet tool over them. I'm happy so far. I'm almost done re-scribing the whole plane but I think I ran a bit deep in a few areas.

b25-16_zpsc4baab38.jpg

Thanks guys!

Just looking at some natural metal B-25's on the net there is obviously a lot more rivets than I've started with. Might add more after I get the fuse closed and look at it a little more closely.

I might use some of Phil's build for the CTA for some inspiration for this build! His looked fantastic! Hope you don't mind Phil!

Be careful not to over do the rivets, remember these are flush rivets and all you see is the change in tone of the heads.

Looking great!! I can never seem to get the scribing done right so you got my attention.

:popcorn

Back