• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell B-25J

Thanks everyone!

Since I'm home with an illness today thought I'd roll with what I started last night and see how this is going to look.

I figured I'd start on the nacelles because I'm guessing they will be the most difficult parts to work with.

I started sanding them and trimming to make them fit a little better.

then I thought I'd dive right in and see how the rivets were going to look.

I worked with several small panels, and just moved along from front to back.

There are a few that I'm going to have to replace because i screwed up the riveting lines but you get the idea. I'll post how I did it next time.

What do you think??

I really like all of the great work you're putting in this build! The foil panel idea is very interesting! Keep up the great work!!! :popcorn (y) :popcorn (y)

Back at this one!

I added a few small details to the front gunners position as well as some foil tape to the upper bulk head. I'll paint this a different colour as I gather there was some removable barrier there (cloth perhaps?) to access under the IP.

Then, I started to play around with the package guns. I'm adding brass barrels to all the kit guns so these needed some mods.

First, I trimmed them up and carved out the insides, thesn tested them to see how they'll look.

I figured I'd have to add something in behind that I can drill into to mount the new brass barrels so I glued a small piece of styrene in each. More on this later!

I also played around with a small scrap canopy. I'm planning on cutting small aluminum tape strips to outline the canopy, then add a few rivets with something pointy. The nice thing about this, it looks great from the inside too!

On to the fuselage! I decided to scrap my previous plan and just do the body in aluminum tape. I'll add rivets later with a rivet tool. Though for this, all you need is some tape, a sharp blade, a tooth pick, Q-tip, fine tweezers and some scissors.

You can see I got a good bit done so far. It's nice because if you make a mistake, just peel it off and start with a new piece.

1. get a piece of tape

2. peel the back off and place it carefully along the engraved panel lines

3. Smooth it out with a tooth pick and Q-tip and rub along the panel lines.

4. using a sharp blade, cut the tape along the panel lines

5. peel the excess away

6. and then do the other 1000's of panels!

I'm going to bed!

Back at this one!

I added a few small details to the front gunners position as well as some foil tape to the upper bulk head. I'll paint this a different colour as I gather there was some removable barrier there (cloth perhaps?) to access under the IP.

Then, I started to play around with the package guns. I'm adding brass barrels to all the kit guns so these needed some mods.

First, I trimmed them up and carved out the insides, thesn tested them to see how they'll look.

I figured I'd have to add something in behind that I can drill into to mount the new brass barrels so I glued a small piece of styrene in each. More on this later!

I also played around with a small scrap canopy. I'm planning on cutting small aluminum tape strips to outline the canopy, then add a few rivets with something pointy. The nice thing about this, it looks great from the inside too!

On to the fuselage! I decided to scrap my previous plan and just do the body in aluminum tape. I'll add rivets later with a rivet tool. Though for this, all you need is some tape, a sharp blade, a tooth pick, Q-tip, fine tweezers and some scissors.

You can see I got a good bit done so far. It's nice because if you make a mistake, just peel it off and start with a new piece.

1. get a piece of tape

2. peel the back off and place it carefully along the engraved panel lines

3. Smooth it out with a tooth pick and Q-tip and rub along the panel lines.

4. using a sharp blade, cut the tape along the panel lines

5. peel the excess away

6. and then do the other 1000's of panels!

I'm going to bed!

:good: :good: :notworthy :notworthy

Back