• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Accurate Miniatures TBM-3 Avenger

Thanks guys-- just went to start painting after a bit of filling (I compromised and did only a few- if it's going to be hidden anyways, I don't care ;)) and realized I had green zinc chromate and not bronze green....ugh...

I laid down some of the chromate paint anyways to give it a base....

Paint is pretty much done-- need a touch up here and there and then onto details and fiddly bits...

100_8381.jpg

100_8380.jpg

:coolio Might be wrong but it seems the white background made the blue look very dark .

Might want to try a different color background.

Cheers, Christian B)

To me, it looks like the auto light meter measured the light on the white surface and compensated based on the background rather than the bird , thus making it look darker than it really is. :hmmm

Thanks guys!

Hmm-- right now I only have the white as the grey ended up quite filthy...will need to invest in more at some point I guess...

Looks good Mike!!

:popcorn

Just out of curiosity, that blue colour looks familiar. did you build some kind of flying hover bike awhile back and paint it that colour??

Well-- I'm on the home stretch and was looking good...until I started applying the custom decals from Yellowhammer that I got way back when that obnoxious guy who sold them was going out of business. Needless to say- they are sh*t. So soft the slightest touch will shatter them...and the white on them runs off and makes a milky residue all over the model. I'm about to set the thing on fire and enjoy watching it burn...

I'll try removing and then using the kit's...but all the stencils in the kit are black and not white-- might have to leave them off....

Bad decals are so depressing . O would say do lome light sanding ( 600 ) and respray over the area with a diluted coat of Vallejo . Had to the do that with the Bearcat . Blends right in.

Cheers, Christian B)

Sucks about the decals. Glad to hear you're still moving forward with it though. Looking forward to it. :drinks

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone. Unfortunately a finish on time is not in the cards- got a call in the middle of the night that my stepdad died so I'll be in Plattsburgh for the next chunk of days :(

Back