• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:350 Graf Spee

I got the hull painted. Played around with some shading on the hull, intend to wash the hull sides

grafspee116%7E0.jpg

grafspee117%7E0.jpg

A couple of shots of what all I got built up so far. All the brass barrels installed and working through the PE

grafspee118.jpg

grafspee119.jpg

grafspee120.jpg

Wood deck installed. Had no problems till the rear deck, had to trim it out some. Not sure if it were intended to install the deck before the wall leading up to the next deck, guess it was, live and learn.

grafspee121.jpg

grafspee122.jpg

grafspee123.jpg

Hope you like it!

looking great bob! :popcorn

i REALLY have to go and get me my last 30m of fibre optics to be able to finish tirpitz! and i hope that my wooden deck will behave as good as yours, until now it sticked to the carrier really hard so that it disintegrated when i (carefully) removed the parts from it :S

Laura the only snafu I ran into with the decking is to make sure you install it prior to fixing anything, that rear deck cause problems because I had already fixed the bulkhead and step up to the next deck, that bulk head should be sitting on top of the decking. I guess the proper way to do this would be assemble the hull, paint it, then install the decking with the wood on it already.

WOW! Talk about sprucing up a ship model. All puns intended :laugh: Looks really great. I wish someone made a deck replacement for the Titanic.

Great work Bob, she's really going to look great!! :dude

I hate Alclad...
but I still love it when it works right.

not sure what happened here.

First, a back up a bit. Recall the horrid issues with paint peeling on the Mustang? Well the black base I used was bad. remember that it took days for it to cure, I suspected that was not right so I got another bottle of Alclad black base. Sprayed it last night and it was dry to the touch within an hour or so. That has to be the problem!

So...
you'll see here we have parts for the Ford and Graf Spee, more on the Ford later, not picture worthy yet.

grafspee124.jpg

grafspee125.jpg

Brass Screws.

grafspee126.jpg

Brass standoffs (I know Navy modelers call these something but I don't know what they are.)

grafspee127.jpg

And all the dry fit at this point.

IF anyone has a source of brass fittings for the base please let me know. I'd rather use real brass than this stuff.

Mmmmm, shiny! I know these guys have the parts you want, they are always sending me a catalog. :idonno

http://www.modelexpo-online.com/search.asp?SKW=cat1_MX%20Pedestal

:drinks

Pedestal, who would have thought...

Wish they had flat ones instead of slotted. don't need slots.

Get thee to thy local hardware store and browse the brass lamp finials, Moon- real metal, accepts a screw and are cheep to boot. :drinks

Well you know I did try that with the Bone, remember? Think those bases were too large but that may be something to start working on.

Drill out some spent brass cartridges? Chuck has something there too, check a lighting store for more selection.

Back