• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:350 Graf Spee

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in
grafspee108.jpg

grafspee109.jpg

grafspee110.jpg

grafspee111.jpg

Really impressed with the laser cut decks. And the PE looks fine. I'm kinda surpised at the number of sprue trees, I was expecting more but that's ok. Two piece hull should be quick part of the build.

Not sure when I'll start but it shouldn't be long.

Hmm - looks interesting. You and Laura will be having a show down of sorts.

P.S - you have the same phone as me.

Ian.

Ian have you rooted it yet? It keeps telling me I need to update Facebook but when I read the terms I don't agree with them...then it tells me I need up update facebook...I have this thing about Facebook...

Laura I like this kit, I really thought it was going to be a huge part count but it's not so bad considering the size. May start earlier than I planned.

I have both of Academy's Oliver Hazard Perry kits and I am very impressed with them.

I will be watching this. Since I build the Airfix Graf Spee some 30+ years ago I have a weak spot for this ship.

Joe

The Graf Spee will always be a classic!
I have the Trumpeter kit, and the first thing that struck me when I opened it was how small a ship she was, compared to ships like the Hippers or Gneisenaus.
Good luck on your build!

I'm scheduled 10-7 tomorrow, I'm disinclined to acquiesce. Means no. :laugh: Carry on in my stead, matey!! (y)

Arg...

grafspee112.jpg

had a slight glue mishap, shouldn't be any problem cleaning up. Really put some pressure on the seams to get them to snug up. Should be OK. I even installed the water line bottom inside the hull just to make sure the to retain the shape of the sides. Feels stronger to me. Could have put some weights in the bottom so it would float well in the bathtub..(y)

I was concern that the wood planks would be too thick for the deck, a lot of detail is retained on there and I thought the thickness would hide some of those nameless details that litter the decks. But this stuff is paper thin, don't think there will be a problem at all.

The standoffs on the bottom to make the mount are plastic, I'll do the full on AlcladII treatment to them if I can't find real brass. I'd rather have the real stuff to make it bottom heavy.

Anyways..thanks for the look. I think I got the game plan down on this.

Back