• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Real Models Slat Armour 4 Leopard 2A6M CDN?

Tankbuilder

Shalom.

I have the 1/35 scale Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6M kit and am/was thinking about getting the Real Models 35219 Slat Armour ($35.00) for it. I'm trying to figure out just what's involved in assembling this slat armour. Has anyone here used that set?

From what I can see dspite the poor image quality, is that the slat armour comes on flat PE frets. You remove these frets,fold the edges to make a box-like structure and then glue or solder the support btackets and other parts to it. What I'm having trouble figuring out and visualizing is the horizontal slats themselves and how they are formed. Is each slat already molded with depth? Or is each slat bent down to give the depth? Anyone here have a sharp high quality image of this slat-armour set BEFORE it's removed from the PE frets?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Peter, I had the Eduard set and I think the Real model set is basically the same. A lot of bending the slats into place. From all I've seen it looks awesome. The Hobby Boss slat armour while a bit thicker that it should be is quite respectable though.
This is the best pic I could find on the net. from here www.modelimex.com/images/thumbs/0194918.jpg

0194918.jpg

James

Peter, I had the Eduard set and I think the Real model set is basically the same. A lot of bending the slats into place. From all I've seen it looks awesome. The Hobby Boss slat armour while a bit thicker that it should be is quite respectable though.
This is the best pic I could find on the net. from here www.modelimex.com/images/thumbs/0194918.jpg

0194918.jpg

James

Shalom James.

Yes, that is the set that I was told to get.

Are you saying that each individual slat has to be bent into place?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

It looks like the Eduard set (but I have read it is better) so yes each slat would have to be bent.
James

It looks like the Eduard set (but I have read it is better) so yes each slat would have to be bent.
James

Shalom James.

Not sure how the bending works but i don't think I want to be bothered. I think I'll stick with the kit slat armour.

Thanks again and cheers from Peter

Back