• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Sot today I scrachbuilt the FRIES release handle using some leftover PE and some evergreen stock. Pretty cool I think. I also finished the cabin roof by adding a clear styrene cover for the overhead breaker panel.
20200518_161247.jpg
20200518_161004.jpg

Thanks guys. Along with intimate knowledge, I have a Crapton of pics.!

Tim

While I do recognize the unit of measure, is Crap ton one word or two? :lol::tomato::lol::tomato::rotf

Looks great Tim! I applaud you! I've specifically shied away from subjects I have intimate knowledge of, I would literally never finish adding details and it would never be good enough! :salute:

A little bit of an update. I glued down a piece of styrene, painted it and weathered it to represent the aluminum plate that the C2 console seats (UH-1 Huey seats) were mounted to.
After that I glued on the crew chief sidewall armor to the cabin walls and began to layout how the MH-60L would have been equipped. I'm sure it will change once I hear from its crew chief.
20200615_012238.jpg

That's it for now.
Tim

Besides the fact that the console was too wide, I am told that neither CE seats were installed on the C2 helicopter during the blackhawk down mission. (Not too crashworthy) so I went on and redid a new console, but kept the panel. Since no seats were on the helo, I added some handles made from lead wire and tamiya tape and then added Micromark resin louver decals for the console vents.
Just waiting on some Anyz resin knobs to arrive so they can be added to the panel.
20200621_010735.jpg
20200621_010749.jpg
20200621_010801.jpg

That's all for now.
Tim

wow neat! I live about a mile away from a county airport, and two nights per week, the standard model Blackhawks flyover. You can really hear the turbo whine as they pass over head, totally different from the Chinooks

A little work on it tonight
I painted the C2 console tamiya rubber black followed by a tamiya black wash and finally some dry brushing using tamiya Sky Grey and added some electrical connectors from evergreen rod and painted then Vallejo dark exhaust.
I finished up the console wiring and now starting the minigun wiring using detail master DM-1420 hose. (Works perfect for wiring).
Boy, these are a pain to get glued in!!!
20200705_023016.jpg

That's all till tomorrow night
Tim

Back