• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

That looks awesome. Love the tie down straps also. Will have to look and see if they do 1/35 for one of my trucks. Watching with interest :popcorn :)
James

Looks Good GIF.gif

20200830_235512.jpg
I decided to build up and paint the engine exhausts. I first painted the rear half Vallejo Model Air 77713 and the front half Vallejo Model Air 77703. For the burnt area in the middle, I used Tamiya Weathering Set D "Burnt Red".
I've never used the sets before and man do I love them for weathering.

Next, I started on the main rotor head swashplate. I painted the part "Night Stalker black " which is a custom mix of 2 parts MM helo drab acrylic and 1 part MM
50396630857_a84389c952_o.jpg
interior black. The red and blue are .5mm decals from Interdecal.
I got my sheet on ebay for around 8$. They look real if you ask me.
I just need to put the black and yellow stripes this weekend.
That's all till Saturday

Tim

Paddy, I'm not trying to replicate the color in the pic, but rather the busy look of the rotor head.
The paint is a custom mix for 160th SOAR helicopters.

Tim

The hub of the MH/HH-60's are color coded red, blue, yellow and black, so when I found some decal stripes that matched the colors perfect, I thought it would give the hub and head a "WOW" factor.
If you go this route, you better have tons of patience.
All the decals went on great, except for the PC rod and silver tracking label at the top of the rod. THEY WERE AN ABSOLUTE PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!
Just some paint touch ups and final gloss and flat coat and I'll be glad to call this done!
20201018_154852.jpg

That's all for now
Tim

Some work detailing up the tailwheel tonight. I painted it using my custom Night Stalker black. I painted the tire and the electrical cable tamiya rubber black.
I used a chrome molotow 1mm marker for the oleo strut and wow, I love it.
I then hit it with testors dullcote followed up by a highlighting using a white chalk pastel.
20201021_213313.jpg

Tim

Wow I hate that happened to your AB!

really neat egg-beater there, one of those overflew the house just before dark today

Back