• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

No progress on the helo. I went to use it and heard the air hissing around the trigger.
"Uh Houston, we've got a problem!"

Shot an email to Ken from Badger. I have no doubt he'll fix it. It just sucks that this is my only airbrush right now and I'll have to wait for who knows how long to get it back.

Tim

Wow! I have never seen one come apart like that! I now have 4 Badgers and have been using the newest Sotar 20/20 slim a lot as it is perfect for painting small parts, areas, or amounts of paint. Too bad their sale just finished as almost every type of airbrush they make was on sale for $56 plus shipping. I might pick up another at Wonderfest if I can manage to go this year.

I just bought a new Sotar during the birthday sale, but it's probably gonna be awhile before I get it.
I'm the kind of guy that has no luck. I'll buy the whatever and it's either missing pieces or no instructions. My HB F-14D kit was missing a sprue of ordnance.
So this breaking comes as no surprise. :idonno

Tim

So I began work on the C2 console that was aboard Super 63 during the Oct.3rd battle. Alot of delicate little radio faces glued on, but I think it gives it that busy look that a console would have. FLIR and SABER receiver on where the C2 operator said they were. I'll make up the electrical connections next bench time.

Tim

A little cockpit work tonight. Used some AK black camo panel liner on the floor to make it looked used and worn.
Also painted the collectives and cyclic sticks. I don't like using the newer style cyclic grips as they were not on the TF helos back in 93.

I tried to replicate the boot zipper.

That's all for now
Tim

Started on the Robbie tank that will go inside Super 63 and added some extra detail using micromark rivet decals. You won't see it, but I know it's there. Top is before, and bottom is after.

I also assembled the Live Resin miniguns. Man the detail on these is incredible!

That's all for now!

Tim

After a month of no painting because of a broken airbrush, a new patriot 105 body came in and now I can paint again. I painted the tank and the fittings and now I'm ready for the straps to be put on tomorrow night.

Tim

I decided to knock out the center console of Super 63. Lots of one eye squinting! :blink
20200316_012412.jpg

Tim

Last edited:
Finally starting to look like a cockpit. Just need a little weathering on the floor armor.

I can't figure out how my pics are clear when I post them and yet they're in focus when I take them.
20200323_150901.jpg

That's all for now!
Tim

Last edited:
Sorry i missed your update last week, control column looks great, photos are sharp from my view (y)

A little bit of work on the copilot seat tonight. I scratchbuilt the seat release handles and the inertia reel cables from lead wire and stretched sprue. Still gotta put the seat belts on next.

That's all for now
Tim

Back