• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Revell Dora

Shawn M

Had this kit for a while now.
No glue yet, just some paint in the cockpit and starting to do some mods.

Will ad pics tonight when I get home.

I plan on doing it in flight (Im NOT going to correct that nightmare they call wheel wells) however I am going to correct:

The lack of gunsight
The lack of cockpit combing
The poor antennae and trim tabs
The gun cover (open vents, gun ports and ad some MG's)
The wing cannon barrels
Im going to user a 21st Century pilot (Excellent molding!) with tape belts
I have a set of Eagle Cals for JV44
I've removed the terrible supercharger scoop and obtained one from a Hasegawa Dora Im going to graft on.
Im going to add clear (red/green) sprue lamps
The gear will be retracted

This will also be my first attempt at airbrushing (eek), I've obtained the Vallejo RLM colors for this.

Wish me luck and stay tuned!

Shawn

14628107253_b4f9f68f11_h.jpg

That's a heck of a shopping list Shawn, git'er done.

Get a good start photo with some sort of date verification on it, if you got a little paint that'll be ok. Can't be that much of a head start on others.

:popcorn

added box pic, handwritten note ok for date?

Work so far (started sunday)

14606050574_4736e2237b_b.jpg

Kit scoop removed (on left) Hasegawa Scoop on right

14606052514_0a929772b0_b.jpg

Started painting the radiator

14628114003_6daf564db3_b.jpg

Like I said, nothing really done so far.

Guess that will work for a start shot this time. Newspaper header would be good also.

Good start, like the dry brushing on the radiator. (y)

Thanks!
The Rad was an overall dark grey, then a neutral grey and white drybrush followed by a black wash.
Still need to hit it ever so lightly with oily steel.

I got some bench time last night and have an entire night set aside tonight for work. :popcorn

Well I didn't get a whole night after all.
However I've been making head way (pics tonight).

All the massive,thick and poor shaped trim tabs are gone; replaced with soda can items.
The Hasegawa scoop has been grafted on, the boarding ladder has been added into its slot (that I opened up), I've opened the chute ports on the bottom of the wing for the upper MG's and boxed them and the cannon shell ports, I've glued the stab halves together and the prop hub.

Sounds like a lot, but its really boring stuff lol

argh...

While sanding the horizontal stab halves I noticed a lack of detail on the elevators..then noticed the same on the rudder and ailerons.
Looking at ref pics these appear to be fabric covered, seems I have to add some structure details now too.

I know Im slacking on pics and I apologize. Im in 3 bands on the side and they're eating up pic time.

argh...

While sanding the horizontal stab halves I noticed a lack of detail on the elevators..then noticed the same on the rudder and ailerons.
Looking at ref pics these appear to be fabric covered, seems I have to add some structure details now too.

I know Im slacking on pics and I apologize. Im in 3 bands on the side and they're eating up pic time.

What is it you play ?

Eight books on sooooper details are bound to get you in trouble here :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm a drummer/percussionist.

The ref's I've gotten are for making what I have better, not dead on.
I dont plan on re-scribing or re-riveting, just sprucing up the details.

I'm a drummer/percussionist.

The ref's I've gotten are for making what I have better, not dead on.
I dont plan on re-scribing or re-riveting, just sprucing up the details.

I guess I should have been a bit more clear in my question .....What gender of music ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Back