• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YB 49

h73e993f.jpg

couple of layers of gloss black. I dont' know how you auto guys do that mirror finish. I gotta sand that dust out.

Micro polishing stuff. Have a Space Ark that is all shiny aluminum and have it at about this point.

Something one of the local guys does is carefully paints the gloss black, knocks off the bits of crud and then sprays a light coat of just thinner on to make the paint melt smooth again. I would test your thinner on a non critical spot before doing the entire thing. I think he also just barely gets it damp with the thinner.

Have not tried it myself but have seen his work and the metal looks awesome.

hfa5f1be.jpg

I know it looks ok here but I see a lot of dust. I'm pressing forward. Going to let this cure and get some alclad on.

Actually it is Mike, Sharp eye. I did the Tamiya on the top and Alclad on bottom. Probably one of the issues I face with NMF, I don't stick with one method. :bang head

So Mike you got some cool daddy pictures of the B2?

Looks very black and shiney ,.. I think the alclad should do very well ... Detail Masters has a finishing kit some 32000 grit will fix the dust right up ... :popcorn

Thanks Mark. I know what I did wrong, I know I could have prevented it but I did it anyway. Never let Alclad pool up. I can fix it, sand it down to the plastic and clean it up but I'm done with sanding for a while.

Gonna build something drab and dirty. :soldier

sorry to hear of this MP ... it's fixable ... step back... take a hard squint at it... and get back to it... :woohoo:

Time for a new learning experience eh Bob? If it is fixable, just take a little break and look at it again later with some time to rethink. EasyOff works well for stripping quickly, just have to have a little ventilation.

A new paint mule, Bob? I have a whole closet full of those. Mostly as soon as I open them up.... :idonno

Back