• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

It's suppose to be a canvas to cover the fighting compartment and not a carpet :laugh:
Pup has been a forum friend for a long time and i'm was just razzing him.(I think he got it but maybe not) :blush:

By not having a shoulder to look over to see how these techniques are done is tough to say the least. With so many open top SPGs on my list i've never made a tarp for the ones i've completed and thought it was about time to learn how to make the missing covers.

It's been a very frustrating ordeal so far.
Thanks
Tony Lee :)

Hey Tony,

I'm a late comer on this thread, been a little busy.

You not only do nice work, but you are very prolific as well!

Bob

You say you've been busy Bob,no joke. ;) Thanks,my work doesn't have to be "GREAT" but Nice is what I strive for at this point.

Lets see if I can get the gallery to work for me.(having problems with photobucket)
100_0635_20100517_1458733935.jpg

100_0636_20100517_1968355174.jpg

100_0637_20100517_1264737578.jpg

Today the canvas got a coat of Future and when it was dry mixed some Raw Umber oil wash to bring out the shadows. I'll let that dry well and then use a lighter shade of the base color for high lighting.

Also installed rear fenders and braces,tail lights from the DML spares box,the tow hooks and spare track rack along with the nortex light on the front. I placed the scratch made cleaning rod set on the right side of the casement.

Well that's it boys and girls,enjoy :laugh:

I like the progress, the OVM neat and clean, the stowage box is a delight, I HATE the tarp, invest in some magic sculpt practice.

I got the message John believe me I got it. :angry:

Thanks Peter but I wouldn't call my efforts outstanding but you've got to start somewhere.

Thank You Shawn and Massimo I was a little tired out today so I did more piddling around than anything.
100_0644.jpg

It's kinda hard to see what I did today but those are the wheels for the SU-76 and those other wheels,tools,guns and helmets are for the Marder II D that I shot some primer on to make it easier to find where it needs any touching up.

Sure glad I got some slack time,I feel much better this evening. :laugh:

Were your ears burning Tony? Mike and I were talking about how we hate you for being able to model all the time like this being retired and all...Nothing personal. :mpup

moon puppy wrote:
Were your ears burning Tony? Mike and I were talking about how we hate you for being able to model all the time like this being retired and all...Nothing personal. :mpup

It's a dirty job Tony, but someone has to do it... :silly: :lol: :laugh:
Keep doing it, we love to see what you are going to pull out of the hat next.
Shawn

:laugh: At least you're talking about me. I prefer it be about my extraordinary building talent than about my ability to sit on my lazy butt all day. :cheer: :lol:

Like Shawn said "Somebodies got to do it" :blush:

Hate is a word usually reserved for tarps, envy is more the term I'd use. Chris and I were talking about needing more time to model on the way down to the club meeting last night, although he's getting ready to retire very shortly. Nice work, Tony! Always fun to see what you've got cooking! :ro:

I've clocked out and the shop will reopen Monday. Time for you weekend warriors to fill in the void. :laugh:
100_0645.jpg

Have a gooden

I am so envious of the time you guys seem to make for models. I am having a hard time putting aside the span required for even reviews!

Nicely done Tony....

Back