• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

Really a fantastic job (y) ... It looks so real!

...about the video, I am not seeing it...it must have a login...

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks James, I am supper happy the way it is starting to come alive.

Went crossed eyed today but got one side completely done. Looks really good. Working on getting a video to show the rigged and non rigged side.

Being as the airworthiness inspector has already spoken, I'll try not to make a pain of myself .

Since you mentioned that the turnbuckles do not bend, I have a thing to keep in mind for your next build.

The turnbuckles and the cables all need to be in a straight line to the attaching points .

Difficult to do as it is a guessing game doing it this way but that's the way they would be in real life > Something to ponder .

Cheers, Christian B)

Fixed the address and it should work.
As Chris said the holes for the turnbuckles should be drilled about 45 degrees. Fantastic work though. I am really thinking I should resurect my Gotha and finish it. I really like you wye cable solution and you make the rigging look a lot less terrifying. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Yes I know they must be in a straight line. It is what it is guys. I do this for fun and nothing else. I only have a few things that I take serious in life, and this ain't one of them.

Yes I know they must be in a straight line. It is what it is guys. I do this for fun and nothing else. I only have a few things that I take serious in life, and this ain't one of them.

Well good for you ! Was not trying to step on your fun by any means . Merely pointing out a fact.

Looking seriously good to me . Excatly why I don't like to do biplanes . Way too much work.

Cheers, Christian B)

Been watching this since the beginning, but held-off from commenting simply because I've nothing really new to add, to what the rest of the guys have already written.

I still can't 'add' any more. This is modelling on a different level, wonderful to watch.

Ian.

John sorry you had trouble with the Gaspatch turnbuckles. I found they have just a little bit of play but don't give up the airship yet, you can replace what's broken with new ones can't you? :zen

I would like to apologize to Tony, James and Christina for my earlier post. It was rude and very disrespectful and does not reflect the attitude of this forum.

My turnbuckles woes put me in a bad mood and it carried over into my post, something that I should never let happen.

I have tired to make more of my buckles make the appropriate angle, but too many are breaking on me. I know it makes the model look bad and you guys want it to look good.

James, if I ever do another biplane, I will drill my holes at an angle like you said. Would not be having the problem I am now if I did that.

I don't feel much like working on it at this time or the near future. I need to step away from it and get a clear head.

At this time, I would like to withdrawal the plane from this campaign.

Once again, I am very sorry about my disrespectful post :blush:

I Guess I missed the disrespect but it's all good John. Hope one day you come back with a fix on this. :drinks

I tested painting the EZLine last night and will let you know how it does later when I get back.

I would like to apologize to Tony, James and Christina for my earlier post. It was rude and very disrespectful and does not reflect the attitude of this forum.

My turnbuckles woes put me in a bad mood and it carried over into my post, something that I should never let happen.

I have tired to make more of my buckles make the appropriate angle, but too many are breaking on me. I know it makes the model look bad and you guys want it to look good.

James, if I ever do another biplane, I will drill my holes at an angle like you said. Would not be having the problem I am now if I did that.

I don't feel much like working on it at this time or the near future. I need to step away from it and get a clear head.

At this time, I would like to withdrawal the plane from this campaign.

Once again, I am very sorry about my disrespectful post :blush:

Hello John . No offense taken here . I surely don't want you to give up on building this bird . It has been way too much work and it is way too nice to do that.

From my side of the screen, I have no idea what what a builder's knowledge level is of real world aircraft.

That being said , it was an attempt to make sure you were aware . Not all our builders are mechanics by trade.

No offense taken and none intended from here . Rather I hope you succeed in finishing it in a manner that keeps you happy for a very long time.

PS. I find it hard to believe you could have this much dedication without being at least a bit serious :idonno Just saying .

Cheers, Christian B)

No offense taken. Just found out the hard way that an angle makes it easier. Dont withdraw, there are still 4 more years of this campaign. After a short break I'm sure you'll be back at it. This is too gorgeous and too close to completely give up. All the best.
James

I echo everyone's sentiment; step back if you need to and take a breath. Rigging something like this can stretch anyone's patience and skill. It is understandable to take some time to recover, but don't withdraw. Especially now when you are so close and this is looking so good! Turnbuckles aside, this model is lightyears away from my best ever model, so you have every reason to be proud of it.

Take some time and then soldier on soldier! :soldier :soldier :soldier We'll be waiting patiently for your return to this model.

I do appreciate everyone's praise for my model. This turnbuckle issue has been very very frustrating for me. There is a total of 52 GasPatch turnbuckles on my plane, 26 per side. Between both wings, I had a total of 15 break on me trying to bend into correct angle.

I dont know about you, buts that's enough to see red. It's live and learn at this point now, and these turnbuckles are not cheap. :bang head

At everyone's wishes, I will give it a few weeks and go from there.

Yeah, Take a break. We used to call it a "mental health day/week/month", whatever.
You'll fell much better later and this great model will have it's due :good:

in the mean time :drinks Cheers

h6fb9541.gif

Back