• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

This is basically all you get.

By the way fellas, wing is being permanently glued on at this time. :yipee :yipee

All I can say is: glad it's you and not me! I am not skilled enough to handle something like that. I'll stick with my small scale stuff that's too small to see.

It's really not that bad, just very time consuming on a model of this size.

I highly recommend anyone to build this kit.

OK all, now that the 2 wings are glued to their respective struts, I need to address the broke wing halves.

This is it slightly pulled apart.

And what it looks like when I hold them together. It actually finds its natural resting spot.

My question is to what would you use to join the 2 together. Regular liquid cement or 2 part expoxy?

My worry is when I set it flat the weight of the wings which pull down will put pressure on the joint.

This is the gap sitting flat on its belly.

2 part epoxy. You use a solvent it will attack the paint and might mar up something. :popcorn

As far as the cement, I was referring to tamiya liquid cement.

I did drill some holes to insert a metal rod later down the line, but the bit broke on the back one, so I can only use the front one. I hope that will help support it some.

Here's a pic of the metal rod. Not much too use due to the end hitting where strut goes into the wing.

[quote="
vmoon puppy" post=245121]That touch it once thing is what I have a problem with. :rotf[/quote]

I can visualize that problem :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

It has been done. Epoxy on rod and in center, pulled together and masked, then followed by thin cement on the outside to seep in. We shall see tomorrow.

While I let the wing dry, worked on the tail skid.

Base coat of tamiya flesh with raw umber applied with a sponge.

Probably going to do the same on the props. I failed horrible last time at laminations.

Looking good :good: Truth is, I got a very similar effect a week ago trying to clean paint of a piece with some lacker thinner. Permanent wood gray with two swipes of the brush . :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Back