• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

We hope to see y'all at Eagle Quest!!!!

:woohoo: Dang !!! ... Don't know if I can make it ... I had figured on Friday night now I'll have to check to see .... :hmmm

I would like to get all the MA members at the show for some photos if that is all possible

Fine with me Jeff ... :hmmm ( waiting for Ed) ... :unsure: :eek:hmy: :pilot :eek:hmy:

Buy me a train ticket & I'll be there :eek:ldguy :drinks

I was more waiting for ... Something like " Are y'all sure the camera won't break??? " Or even " With all the earthquakes that have been in Dallas lately, with that many MA members in one place....." ... :gogo

heard I guess ...

well anyway he had his little flaps on a shirt pocket & little snaps on shirt front ... so the guy started asking him about his outfit. The cowboy says well the snaps on my my shirt pockets keeps everything on the inside ... inside and everything on the outside ... outside as the snaps on the front of my shirt, that's so if I have to get my shirt off real quick case ... I'm covered in fire ants or something like that ... I can just unsnap the shirt real quick.

So he asked him about the leather coverings over his jeans and the cowboy says ... those are called chaps, they keep the mesquite thorns from hurting my legs when I ride through the brush here in Texas.

Oh say the man ... Why does your hat have such a large rim around it ? ... well the Cowboys says that shades my neck in the hot Texas Sun and I can take it off and fan myself, oh says the man but why such a big tall top ?He says so I can take it off and give my horse a drink

Ok he says ... I have no problem with your gun but I see your wearing tennis shoes ... I thought Cowboys wore boots ...

Oh says the Cowboy ... I don't want anyone to mistake me for a truck driver .... :facepalm :rotf :rotf :rotf

I would like to get all the MA members at the show for some photos if that is all possible

Fine with me Jeff ... :hmmm ( waiting for Ed) ... :unsure: :eek:hmy: :pilot :eek:hmy:

Buy me a train ticket & I'll be there :eek:ldguy :drinks

I was more waiting for ... Something like " Are y'all sure the camera won't break??? " Or even " With all the earthquakes that have been in Dallas lately, with that many MA members in one place....." ... :gogo

Now dat ya mention it, I know Texas can handle just about anything but, with that many MA members in one place... She's gonna be tested beyond her limits... :drinks

All I can say is " Remember the Alamo " ... I may be there tomorrow night ...Pencil me in ... The party starts at 7PM ... If your there tonight start without me .... :yipee

Well we made it. Already some fantastic work on the tables. Ran into Mr.T last night. Don't tell him but his work is so nice in person. So very nice. Anyway I should be around most of the day, if you see me stop me and say hello. (y)

Well we made it. Already some fantastic work on the tables. Ran into Mr.T last night. Don't tell him but his work is so nice in person. So very nice. Anyway I should be around most of the day, if you see me stop me and say hello. (y)

See you tonight ... I was trying to get info from Squadron about the event ... Know one knew anything ... They said some kinda party tonight, seems I keep running into Companies ... That don't know where the horse's head is ... :rotf
I'll try to bring something to enter just in case that's required for tonight ... :good:

You do mean the horses "other" end don't you Gerry? :D

Then it goes with the saying "Don't know their butt from a hole in the ground" :tomato

:drinks

Yep place is still there for next year

DSC05270_zpstzn7fzwk_-_Copy.jpg

Had a blast!

Well, finally got around to processing all the photos at Eagle Quest. As Swordsman and Mr. T posted a lot of the models, I will post the people photos only.

Here is the banquet room.

Terry winning the Big Eagle. I don't think I was ever as proud of anybody as I was at that moment! Congratulations Terry!

Me with Gil and Sidney Gonsoulin. Gil is the only person to have attended all 24 Mastercons/Eagle Quests.

Another of the Old Guard from Mastercon and an incredible builder! Bob Waltman!

Susan with the MMD/Squadron CEO, Gwynne Gorr and her husband. Great people!

A very old friend, Jef Versywvel. He was a pattern maker for my partner, Verlinden for many years, then he moved to America in 1995 and produced kits, several brands, but Black Box was one of them. He is now in charge of production at MMD. His wife Jill, Susan and i.

Another long time friend, Willy Peters. Another Belgian who worked for Verlinden. He authored many of the VP books, did all the paper products, maps, posters, etc. He immigrated to the states in 1995 as well, and later made the patterns for many of the Custom diorama, Techstar and 1/35th Construction Battalion products for VLS.

Greg Pierce, another of the Old Guard from Mastercon.

This is a photo of me giving a presentation on my big dio, Logistics and also photos of all the previous Mastercons.

Then, Jim Patrick, Greg Stewart and Rick Justice from the old days.

This is me and Chuck Harransky. He has been with Squadron/MMD since the 70s. WE go way back. He retired a couple of years after I did.

Some more of the Old guard. Left to right. Hal Sanford, (Who wrote the book, Modelaholics), Greg Pierce, Bob Waltman and son, Bill Roberts and Rick Justice.

And, finally, all the modelers alliance members together! Left to right. Swordsman, Sherman 18, (Jeff), and Grace, (Who did well in competition BTW), Me and Mr. T. (Terry).

A really great time. I'm planning on going back next year! If you noticed, The MMD crew were outfitted in those camouflage Shirts with the MMD logo. They gave me one to wear as an honorary member.

Bob

Yes very nice pics & I look forward to next year thanks for sharing .... (y) ... My shop will be closing since everyone likes buying online that's the way I'll be selling ... So I'll have more time for modeling ... A word to the wise Terry ... :rotf

Back