• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

We hope to see y'all at Eagle Quest!!!!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member

(Formerly VLS Mastercon)

[/URL[URL=http://s726.photobucket.com/user/wrletterman/media/Eagle%20Quest/Susan.EagleQuest.%20JPG_zpswhizdmnn.jpg.html]

Hey Guys,

MMD/Squadron has a new CEO, Gwynne Gorr, and she has invited Susan and I to be the Guests of Honor at Eagle Quest 24, (The Name Squadron gave Mastercon after they bought VLS), in Grapevine, (Dallas area) Texas this June 19-20th.

We would love to meet as many of you guys as possible. I have shared my builds as you have with me for about 8 years now on Modeler’s Alliance.

I know some of you have already committed to attending, a couple of very special names being that of Bob and Cindy Britt.

There was a special magic about Mastercon that I never experienced at any other show, and Susan and i have attended shows all over the world! It had nothing to do with us personally, it was just one of those things that happen from time to time, something inexplainable, but definitely something everybody felt. It was more like a family reunion than a model competition. You could cut the atmosphere at those shows with a knife! Susan and I have discussed many times since 2006, how we would love to enjoy experiencing that camaraderie at least one more time!

There will be much more than just us attending. Some awesome modelers come to this show. I understand Squadron open their warehouse doors with fantastic discounts. I have thousands of photographs taken of Mastercons 1 through 16, taken by either Mort Schmitt or David Manter, our official Mastercon photographers. Our plan is to select some from each of the conventions and have them put in a one hour Power point presentation that Susan and I will host during the show. But there will be seminars, a great competition, you will be able to meet some of the icons of the American hobby industry.

EagleQuest XXIV: June 18 – 20, 2015 Embassy Suites, Grapevine, TX

[URL=http://s726.photobucket.com/user/wrletterman/media/Eagle%20Quest/squadronbanner_zpsoczbm3br.png.html]

WHAT IS EAGLEQUEST?

Squadron’s “EagleQuest,” now in its 24th installment, is one of the largest peer-judged scale modeling competitions in America that is held outside of Dallas, TX each June. Some contests rely on several individuals to judge different categories. Some contests have everybody voting for a single most popular model out of all entries. Some contests have very technical evaluation standards, while others have more subjective guides. EagleQuest offers a voting process based on the popular vote of other entrants.

At EagleQuest, all the model entrants vote for their favorite models in each category, with the exception of the Tamiya manufacturer’s award –which is selected by a Tamiya representative. But other than that, each category, each special award, and again, the overall “Big Eagle” winner, is based on the popular vote of those entering models in the contest. Entrants are provided a ballot so they can vote for up to three of their favorite models in each category and a single model for the 5 special awards.

You can check out all the details here;

http://www.squadroneaglequest.com

We hope to see as many of you guys there as can make it! We’re really looking forward to this one! We’d love seeing so many of you guys we know from the website, but have never had the pleasure of a face to face! See you there!

Bob and Susan Letterman

I'll be there Bob and I hope to enter some models but .... I'm no Master that's For sure ..... :eek:ldguy

Hoping, but just don't know. Got plenty of vacation time to make it, but don't know that we'll have the money to make it, but definitely going to try.

Came to the realization today that unless something major comes up ( rich unknown uncle dies & leaves us a fortune or I get a huge bonus at work) that we're just not going to be able to swing it. There's not really enough time left, and we've got nothing saved so doesn't look like we're gonna be there.

I am planning on being there. Have a friend in the area that has been after me for years to apply at the place he works and take a bench test. Figured I would finally make a long vacation out of it and make it a trip with a bunch of plusses.

Definitely looking forward to meeting the two Bob's and their better inspirations. :D

We'd love to be there but realistically speaking ...
I'll keep dreaming though, who knows, I might win the lottery and then see you guys in Dallas :D

Laurence

I know I'll be there ..... I'm looking forward to meeting you guys there ..... And last year I went to the Squadron tour on their charted Bus to look the warehouse over ...... Plus they had Lunch there ..... I dropped about $120 .... so they got some more money out of me ..... I'm going start saving $$$ now ..... I need PE .... :woohoo: ...... PE ..... :woohoo: ...... PE ...... and a New Bender ...... My next tool investment ..... plus I need after market that's where My buying will be ..... See-Ya !!! :eek:ldguy Plus one of the local IPMS is a friend of mine & a vendor & Hobby shop owner ..... :captain

I remember watching a series on TV here with some gangs wanting to fight one another. They scheduled the fight in such a way that would not clash with Dallas the TV series - this was happening in the mid 80's.

I wanna see Southfork Ranch :geek

Not to mention the show and people I met here :drinks

So, yep, if I get myself few millions, all attending will be invited to a lush banquet, opulent and decadent :rotf

Laurence

I remember watching a series on TV here with some gangs wanting to fight one another. They scheduled the fight in such a way that would not clash with Dallas the TV series - this was happening in the mid 80's.

I wanna see Southfork Ranch :geek

Not to mention the show and people I met here :drinks

So, yep, if I get myself few millions, all attending will be invited to a lush banquet, opulent and decadent :rotf

Laurence

Good luck on winning Laurence ...... I live about 60 Miles East of Grapevine ..... So I try to make all the Shows ....... that are there ...... You would be closer to South Fork ..... than Dallas thought ..... as a matter of fact you may be able to see the downtown buildings at a distance ...... See you there lucky .... :skipper :eek:ldguy

Just to let everybody know, they have sold out the hotel rooms in the show hotel, and are looking for more nearby. If you guys are going, it's time to get registered, so they will know how many more rooms to set aside.

BTW, Squadron is going back to their 40% off on the warehouse sale, should be some fantastic buys. I know i'll be taking advantage of it!

Hope to meet all you guys there! It'll be a great time!

Bob

I'd love to go, but living in Oregon makes it difficult to make that trip. Just wish we had some shows here locally.

Have friends and family there and was planning on being there most of the week so hotel rooms are not really my problem. ;)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

We will be staying with my Aunt and Uncle who live right up the road in Lewisville. Going to be there all week +

(y)

Just to let everybody know, they have sold out the hotel rooms in the show hotel, and are looking for more nearby. If you guys are going, it's time to get registered, so they will know how many more rooms to set aside.

BTW, Squadron is going back to their 40% off on the warehouse sale, should be some fantastic buys. I know i'll be taking advantage of it!

Hope to meet all you guys there! It'll be a great time!

Bob

:love Lov :love the trip to Squadron ..... last time they had Food during lunch Hour ..... And a Air conditioned bus to take you from the Quest .... to the Warehouse & back ..... :pilot

Back