• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

We hope to see y'all at Eagle Quest!!!!

I'd hoped things would change, but unfortunately things are exactly the same, so I know that I'm not going to be able to go. Kills me, b/c I was really looking forward to it, but life has a way of getting in the way of things.

I just learned that the show hotel is not sold out. They have just sold out the number of rooms they had blocked out and need to know asap how many more are planning to come so they can take out another block of rooms. The hotel, I guess, is huge!

From 17 years of Mastercon experience, hotels require the convention host to guarantee blocks of rooms. If they don't fill them, they have to pay for whatever rooms didn't fill. They have already sold out more rooms than any previous year so things are looking good!

Bob

I just learned that the show hotel is not sold out. They have just sold out the number of rooms they had blocked out and need to know asap how many more are planning to come so they can take out another block of rooms. The hotel, I guess, is huge!

From 17 years of Mastercon experience, hotels require the convention host to guarantee blocks of rooms. If they don't fill them, they have to pay for whatever rooms didn't fill. They have already sold out more rooms than any previous year so things are looking good!

Bob

I'm afraid it will be a Mad House !! .... But I'll be there !!!

Was planning on going, but the place I was hoping to stay fell through on top of getting an additional $300 hit on my card a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't planning on. Going to have to sit this one out folks. Need to get the card paid off first and then there are some other things needing done. :angry: Frustrating to say the least, but that is usually why I don't make many trips. Have other demands on my $ than $1000 for a 4 or 5 day trip.

I feel your pain Paul. I guess I might as well let it known I can't make it either. Bills are still piling up from my surgery and I can't see being able to do this. REALLY hate it, this would have been a great show just meeting up with everyone.

Hope I'm not going to need anything like this to get around when we go

tank_landingcraft~0.jpg

:captain

Nope ..... I don't ..... But since You & MP have cancelled ..... is there going to be anyone there Besides Me ..... I can still cancel buying a ticket ...... :eek:ldguy

I was hoping to have a freelance project finish up in time, and end up actually having the money, but now the guy has dropped off the face of the planet and isn't responding to my emails.

Nope ..... I don't ..... But since You & MP have cancelled ..... is there going to be anyone there Besides Me ..... I can still cancel buying a ticket ...... :eek:ldguy

Swordsman, So far, there will be you, Sherman 18, Terry, (Mr. T), me, Alex DeLeon and John Bowery of our current membership. I know several long time members that haven't posted in awhile will be there as well. It should be a fun show.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the company hosting the show. I founded the convention itself way back a quarter century ago and when i sold VLS, the show moved with the company to Dallas. The reason my wife and I are going to drive the 600 miles is to see a lot of guys we haven't seen in almost 10 years in addition to the always surprising awesome models and dioramas to be seen! Then, of course, there is always the warehouse sale!

See you there!

Bob

Sorry to hear you had someone flake out on you Adam. Sounds like that job should have had 50% up front, or at least 33%. That way you wouldn't get stuck for your time.

There are a lot of flakes out there. Hard to tell if they are or not unless you have dealt with them before.

:bang head :vmad

Back