• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WARHAWKS ON THE WAR PATH

From what I've seen of those VFS kits, they lack a lot of detail which gives the builder a clean canvas for scratchbuilding.

Thanks for this list Ryan. (y)

My 1:48 Hasegawa 'E' from around seven years back. Still have it, looks great in the cabinet. One of my best - if that doesn't sound too big headed.

And my AMT 'M' wearing that superb 'Parrots Beak' artwork. Still have this one too, but safely tucked away in storage. This dates from around the same time.

Probably won't be taking part in the campaign, but looking forward to seeing everybody elses' efforts.

Ian

That really isn't a Parrot Ian but its the mascot from Kansas university. "Jay Hawks"

Ohhhh Kaaayyy - Well I'll just sit over here in the corner and look sheepish for a while :facepalm - I had no idea, Paul, I know Kansas ANG used the Jayhawk on their ADC/ANG F-4's back in the day (and their F-16's too, I seem to recall)...

...But you have to admit it does look like a parrot !!

Ian

962_o.jpg

861_o.jpg

236_n.jpg

070_n.jpg

Ohhhh Kaaayyy - Well I'll just sit over here in the corner and look sheepish for a while :facepalm - I had no idea, Paul, I know Kansas ANG used the Jayhawk on their ADC/ANG F-4's back in the day (and their F-16's too, I seem to recall)...

...But you have to admit it does look like a parrot !!

Ian
No worries Ian, I am not a fan of the Jay Hawks.

What kits are available?

If someone has built more than one different manufactures what was your favorite?

i have built a number of them, i have to say my favorite is still the revellogram in 1/48. but to me it is more fun to see just what i can do with them. with the trump 1/32 i am doing right now my main focus is to see just how much fun i can have with it. (see hawkenstien 3)

as much as i wanted to get in on this, still do, i am afraid i wont be able to unless the current project is counted. it is taking my time and will be for the next few months.

joe

Phil we haven't rejected this or any other campaign suggestions. We have a boat load of current campaigns in progress now and when time to end the old and start new well look in more detail at what has the votes. Clearly this one has the votes so it'll be in.

Was wondering about this one hence my questions - even more so as Terry put this up on 17 May 2012,

now that's a long time between drinks.

I can reset the polls on the builds that are going on and we'll have a better picture of what's coming up.

<Chris looks at the shelf>
oh look! I have a P40B and a set of 1st Pursuit AVG decals....hmmm
Pappy Boyington's # 21 maybe?

<Chris starts beating on the airbrush to make sure it works right>

Back