• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WARHAWKS ON THE WAR PATH

This is DEFINITELY my sup of tea but I can't say I am in as I want to finish a shelf queen before starting another. So, I guess it depends when this one starts!

Regards,

I think Phil will join this as he posted about starting a Campaign on this subject!

Regards,

You betcha Saul, I think this one would be a cracker, plenty of subject matter on the P-40.

Maybe make it simple - any P-40 from entering service to end of service, any country/operators.

could some kind member add a poll?

could some kind member add a poll?

I did Phil, look at the top. For these polls where we just want to know if there is interest, the only choice is yes. So we will know how many are interested.

Regards,

Here is another simple campaign idea where the subject will be the P-40 fighter plane. Any P-40, any scale, any couuntry. From the Flying Tigers to the end of WW II. Could be a cool build. What do you think.

Terry B)

Edit: And lets make this on year long and do some real detail work.

Here is the last one I built.

040-01.jpg

Thats not good Terry, its gots holes in it. :silly:

I suggest to modify a little a topic name - "Hawks" on the War Path

If this campaign will start and will have wide time frame then i will join with one or maybe even with all of them:

P-36 Hawk 32 LeLv FAF (CU-556 or CU-562)
Curtiss-Hawk-75A-FAF-LeLv32-Karhila-CU563-Finland-1942-01.jpg

P-40E 154 IAP WWS (50 or 65)
p40e.jpg

P-40M FAF (KH-51)
FinnishAirForce_P-40M_Summer1944

P-40K 112 Sqn RAF (GA-Q)
FR806GAQ.jpg

My 1:48 Hasegawa 'E' from around seven years back. Still have it, looks great in the cabinet. One of my best - if that doesn't sound too big headed.

And my AMT 'M' wearing that superb 'Parrots Beak' artwork. Still have this one too, but safely tucked away in storage. This dates from around the same time.

Probably won't be taking part in the campaign, but looking forward to seeing everybody elses' efforts.

Ian

If anyone wonders why they may get a SQL error on the site from time to time, blame it on Jeff when he's uploaded these images. :rotf

Thanks Jeff (y)

Starting the list. I will break this down into scale from largest to smallest. List will be updated as I add new kits to it.

1/24

Vintage Fighter Series
Kit #VF2401 Curtiss P-40 AVG Flying Tigers. Includes decals for four Flying Tigers aircraft as well as
two Pearl Harbor Defenders

Kit #VF2402 Curtisss P-40 Pearl Harbor "America Strikes Back". Same plastic as the AVG kit but only
includes decals for two Pearl Harbor Defenders

Kit #VF2403 Curtiss P-40 British Tomahawk Mk.IA/II. Same plastic as above but includes decals for three
North Africa RAF planes as well as the two Pearl Harbor Defenders.

1/32

Revell

Kit #H-283 Curtiss P-40E Flying Tiger. Original Release from 1967. No sure what decals were included
but I doubt they would be usable by now anyways.

Kit #H-271 Curtiss P-40E Aleutian Tiger. Released in 1969. Same plastic as above. Same issue with the
decals as above.

Kit #4400 Curtiss P-40E Flying Tiger. Released in 1980. Same plastic.

Kit #4450 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk. Released as part of the Smithsonian set that Revell did in 1986. Same
plastic as the others.

Kit #4793 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk. Released in 1989 by Revell of Germany. Same plastic as the others.

Kit #85-4664 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk. Released in 1997. Same plastic as the others.

Back