• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Very late to the party!!!!

iambrb

WELL HOWDY Y'ALL!!!!!! yea-yea, I know.....late to the party....AGAIN!!!! But hey, I am here, right??? (Sound of crickets chirping in the background....) What has everyone been up to, anyhoo??? I am so sorry - I have been terrbly busy with work and hunting, no time for much of anything else! I really apologize! I am still interested in modelling....promise!

How is everyone? Noel? Jenny? Laura? Saul? Sherman18? Herr Letterman?

Will post more when I get a chance to look around a bit.

Well well well if it isn't Colonel Bruce Sanders :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Been chasing them Chickens , have ya ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We are glad you made it finally :) , we hope you like your new home .

Jenny :kiss:

Yup, been chicken-chasin' fer-sher!

Not that my name is a bit funny - I tried to register today using my Yahoo address but it never came thru. MP is going to handle it later today, so 'till then I have an extra letter in there.

I have been mostly consumed by life. Work is a bear, but in a very good way! Our company has swallowed most of the competition, and we are integrating several new lines of business and that has meant growing pains for us. This time of year I hunt, and really most Saturdays have been spent in the woods. there has been a lot of drama with the club-lease this year, thanks to thieves and trespassers and club members that could out-drama any stereotypical/sexist line about females! I did manage to shoot one and saw two last Saturday, so I am confident that I will bag one if not two more by year's end.

The Missus & I are going to sell our house, now that the market is starting to return, ad move closer to work, so you can imagine what that is like.

Also, y'all know that guns are my bag, and I made several real BIG scoops, selling some guns for big bucks, and getting great steals on others. I have been specializing in post WW2-1970's sporters lately. I bought a very nice post-war K98 Sporter that was done for an occupation GI, & I have a cool BRNO/Czech gun coming, and also have managed to pick up a few Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifles as well. I am also trying to sock back a bit for a GORGEOUS Mauser pre-war sporting rifle I know will be coming up for sale in a few months.

But with all that.....no time for models! I miss them though and need to get some paint me, and soon. I really hope that everything is going great for everyone on the board! Though it might take me a month to get started back on the model train again, I will be more of a participant...I promise!

Oh, by the way....Jenny, you really need a real pic of you - that little avatar just is not pretty enough to do you justice!!!

Hi Bruce! Good to see you at our new home!! You have been missed, but as they say better late then never!

Cheers Erik

Howdy Bruce, Welcome back to the new T&T. And good luck with selling your house.

iambrbb wrote:
club members that could out-drama any stereotypical/sexist line about females! I did manage to shoot one and saw two last Saturday
You should be careful with this one. It is usually illegal to shoot at females most places once you get to where they have paved roads, sidewalks, and electricity :p . And that is something you are going to have to learn if you plan on movin out of the woods and into the big city to be closer to your work.

Gary B)

He's shottin' in Abbeville County, Birthplace of the Confederacy. Does that tell ya anything Gary? This is the place where "He needed Killin'" is a viable defense for homicide.

True enough! The first place and the last place of the meetings of the Confederacy! I pass by the Burt-Stark mansion each and every time!

Burt-Stark mansion is supposedly the last meeting place of the Jeff Davis's War Cabinet. But every spot on Jeff Davis flight route makes that claim so it's hard to say. Little doubt that they did meet at the house, whether it was a full cabinet meeting is lost to history. Also the Confederate Treasury is suppose to be buried in Abbeville Co, or so the story goes. But we all know that Clemson College was build with the Confederate Treasury...(where's my "fergit' hell" emoticon??)

This moment in Confederate History was brought to you by, Hargrove Potted Meats. Potted Meats since 1996. :D

Bob Robert wrote:
Burt-Stark mansion is supposedly the last meeting place of the Jeff Davis's War Cabinet. But every spot on Jeff Davis flight route makes that claim so it's hard to say. Little doubt that they did meet at the house, whether it was a full cabinet meeting is lost to history. Also the Confederate Treasury is suppose to be buried in Abbeville Co, or so the story goes. But we all know that Clemson College was build with the Confederate Treasury...(where's my "fergit' hell" emoticon??)

This moment in Confederate History was brought to you by, Hargrove Potted Meats. Potted Meats since 1996. :D

Sounds a bit like my trip to New Zealand , the tour guide said that the river he was showing us was the biggest in the southern hemisphere .

I said "Well what about the Murray ? Its heaps bigger than this , also I think the Congo and the Amazon are pretty much bigger too ! "

I thought he was going to throw me in the middle sized river ! :eek:hmy:

Jenny :kiss:

Bruce,
Glad to see you made it to the new site,
almost didn't recognize you with the different avitar
Good to see you came home to roost :blush:
Sorry that one slipped out. :woohoo:
Shawn

Back