• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm not new here ... but have been absent lately

Swordsman

I turn the computer on it goes to MA automatically ... so You may think I'm on-line but Life has been very hard for me lately ...

You see my Mother will turn 90 years old on Sept 20, about 8 weeks ago she was put in the ICU because she had serval Blood clots in Her lungs and legs. On top of that she got Cellulitis in her feet and couldn't walk, plus she probably at Stage 6 of Dementia ... So I've been very busy taking care of her. Along with my 3 brothers we've been taking turns going to the rehab center and feeding her meals, she doesn't know how close she came to She came to leaving this earth, or does she know where she is. She gets to go back home next Wednesday, we will still be busy taking turns helping Her. Anyway I know there are lots of builds I have entered, but I can't find the time to sit down at the bench, so for not finishing them I'm sorry, I also just lost the modeling fever after the Eagle Quest Fiasco, I got there at the entry desk 4 minutes late, so my entry, My 1st one didn't get in ... I did get to sit it on the table, but it wasn't judged.

So every night I wait until the sleeping pill takes effect, so I can go home, I have been modeling on my Commission build ... and it is almost finished. On my Christine build I painted the top red, so after looking at Her the top was white in fixing that the Tamiya red lacquer paint crackled so that need fixed. add on top of that our Downtown push to get people back, in out stores, Rally around Greenville, Halloween, The Bob wills fiddle festival, Downtown stroll coming up. I have managed to install 4 Tsunami Sound chips and my rail truck is working, I fixed the back light on my Shay Logging engine ...

Sorry for the rant ... I just thought you should know why I'm in the shape I'm in ....

hd93fba0.JPG

The water tower is looking real good ... I'm down to the last details ... the water spout and chains and stuff on the front ....

My rail truck I'll try to get a video up if I get a chance ...

hb735044.JPG

hc5169b7.JPG

h26c2168.JPG

hb229bf5.JPG

h7900f1d.JPG

Still needs more work ... But I'm very happy with this little Critter ... plus the trailer is looking good also .... just hang in there I'll be back soon ... The train show is Oct 1 also so the two modules at the shop are being completed ... so lots to do not much time.

I'm just very thankful Momma's Ok for now ... just I'm wore out and have no spare time .... :salute

Hope things settle down for you mate I can remember when my Grandpa first got really bad with his Dimentia Those were dark days plus he was living with us then.

My hopes and prayers with you mate.

We understand Gerry! Thanks for the heads up. I was beginning to wonder wher you had gone off to. As to your Mom, congratulations on her reaching 90.

My Mom will be 90 in March and she just reached a point where she gets dizzy and can faint unexpectedly. Docs aren't sure exacty why but she can't drive anymore because of it. I guess it is one of those things. :(

Completely understand, gotta take care of those you love. Work bench is looking good though! (y)

Hope things settle down for you mate I can remember when my Grandpa first got really bad with his Dimentia Those were dark days plus he was living with us then.

My hopes and prayers with you mate.

Thanks Dave .... Some of my Brothers want to put Her in a rest Home permanently, but that's not living really ... I think I get real sad when I go out there ... I feel sorry for what I see ... Momma got 13 out of 15 Questions right this morning so she's getting much better ... :woohoo: (y)

We understand Gerry! Thanks for the heads up. I was beginning to wonder wher you had gone off to. As to your Mom, congratulations on her reaching 90.

My Mom will be 90 in March and she just reached a point where she gets dizzy and can faint unexpectedly. Docs aren't sure exacty why but she can't drive anymore because of it. I guess it is one of those things. :(

Thanks Paul ... She's a very blessed woman as Her youngest Son is about to turn 60 thanks I'll finish all the models I started soon ... I hope your world is good ... I managed to get the land line at my shop xfered to my mobile so I can be reached by my Customers ... (y)

Completely understand, gotta take care of those you love. Work bench is looking good though! (y)

You of all ... people understand what I'm going through thanks for understanding ... I'll check in from time to time ... :salute (y) :woohoo:

My prayers are with you my friend Gerry :zen ... Years ago I was in the same situation...

Btw the water tower looks superb :good:

:drinks

Luiz

My prayers are with you my friend Gerry :zen ... Years ago I was in the same situation...

Btw the water tower looks superb :good:

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks Luiz ... I'm really surprised by the simplicity of the kit no cutting ... Except for the diagonals ... Almost finished wit it ... Just in time for the Train Show ...

Hang in and keep your chin up during these turbulent times. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
James

Hang in and keep your chin up during these turbulent times. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
James

Thanks James ... now that My Momma is old ... time for me to step up and care for Her, as she never questioned caring for my until I could care for Myself ... She's so funny when she sings on top of old smoky .... all covered with Cheese ... :rotf ... I will admit I enjoy taking care of Her ... :cheer: 's

Gerry family first bench second mate. Thanks for letting us know but really my thoughts and prays are for you and the family.

Gerry, I just found this since I barely have any time to check in these days. I'm sorry to hear about all this, but I'm glad that you Mom has lived that long and is doing well so far. I've been crazy busy myself; what with doc appointments for my cancer and a big job I just got with a local contractor, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I'll pray for you and your family.

Gerry, I just found this since I barely have any time to check in these days. I'm sorry to hear about all this, but I'm glad that you Mom has lived that long and is doing well so far. I've been crazy busy myself; what with doc appointments for my cancer and a big job I just got with a local contractor, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I'll pray for you and your family.

Moms better now we just celebrated Her 90 birthday ... she's home now, we're still having to take turns over at the house ... She's purdy cantankerous sometimes ... trying to remember where I left off on the bench ... didn't know of your cancer ... I've been there not in-curable ... I'm free from mine for 16 years now... my prayers for you and your family.

Gerry family first bench second mate. Thanks for letting us know but really my thoughts and prays are for you and the family.

Thanks James ... Moms at Home now ... Makes Her happier ... and easier to take care of ... Sept 20, she turned 90 ... :salute

Back