• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Please allow me to introduce myself....

NyteScrybe

Poppy tells me it is customary to introduce oneself on Jenny's Friends so here we go:

My name is Gail and my father is Bob Letterman. I have already met Laura, Jenny, Bob Jr (who knew I had another brother out there?!), and Erik, Gerda, and Miranda. They have all been overwhelmingly welcoming to me and I do appreciate it, realizing of course it is not through my merit, but my dad's. I am a novice when it comes to modeling so please forgive my ignorance.

I have heard so much about you all, individually and collectively, and I have enjoyed sneaking on here as a guest and lurking in the background, observing how you interact with one another and my father, so it is fun to take a step and join the conversation. I won't be doing so often, as unfortunately, at this time, I don't have much to offer, but I hope that will change; if Poppy has anything to do with it, it will. ;)

Thank you for allowing me to join your group, Jenny.

Regards,

Gail

welcome, welcome, welcome gail!

don't worry - everybody will be nice to you or the upper management will swing their hammers! ;)

we all hope that you enjoy this place here and you surely don't need any modelling skills to comment anything! you like it, you comment it! you want to join any chitchat, then join!

Gail,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the T-N-T gang. My wife and I were thrilled when we heard the new about you and your Dad. Living just a couple a hundred miles from your Dad in western Missouri we look forward to meeting you. So just find a place that you are comfortable with and have fun and again welcome.

Terry B)

Gail,

It's great having you join Tanks N Things along with your Dad and Mom and all your new friends. It was a pleasure talking to you this weekend. I can't wait to meet you and your husband. (y)

Take Care, Wes

Welcome , welcome Gail , ............. this is a nice place to hang out and share just about anything and everything , ....... well , ..... within reason of course :laugh:

Seeing as your Bobs daughter I want to share something very special with you .

This is my daughter Montana Lyn , she's 15 now [ going on 23 ] .
I keep this picture with me where ever I go and it has never left my side .
Every day when I came home from work she would get me a beer and unlace my linemans boots and put them on .
This was a very special routine with her and she took pride in welcoming me home every day .
[ Startin to well up over here ]

Always remember , all daughters are their dads special little angel !!!!

picture_1289_20100511_1407688522.jpg

Hello Gail......

and welcome. I have known Bob for many years and consider he and Susan my immediate family. I worked at VLS with Bob for eight years, my office adjoining Bobs. You come from good stock, look forward to seeing more from you.

David Harper aka Dman

Hiya Gail welcome to TNT its great to have you on board and if your half the modeler that Bob is then your twice the modler than most folks ;)

carabinier wrote:
Hiya Gail welcome to TNT its great to have you on board and if your half the modeler that Bob is then your twice the modler than most folks ;)

Thank you! Half the modeler? My modeling resume consists of one of those plastic cars that came in a box in the 1970s when I was a kid. I didn't even do that on my own; my little brother worked on it with me and as I recall, the doors wouldn't shut. Not a good omen.

My diorama history consists of a project in the 5th grade, which was supposed to be based on a favorite book. I chose "Little House on the Prairie." My masterpiece consisted of my brother's Lincoln Logs built around my Malibu Barbie, which was dressed in a wedding gown because that was the only long dress I had for her. Barbie's leg stuck out of the front window and her arm stuck out the side and I had to leave the back of the house off because I ran out of Lincoln Logs. Throw in some sticks from the yard and a plastic cow that was the size of Barbies head and a work of art was born. My teacher didn't see the obvious beauty in the diorama and I barely got a passing grade.

And that is the sad saga of my modeling history. :(

Re:Hello Gail......

Dman wrote:
and welcome. I have known Bob for many years and consider he and Susan my immediate family. I worked at VLS with Bob for eight years, my office adjoining Bobs. You come from good stock, look forward to seeing more from you.

David Harper aka Dman

Hi, Dave! I have heard A LOT about you! I know Poppy and Susan think the world of you! I almost feel I know you already. I look forward to meeting you, also. :)

Cheyenne wrote:
Welcome , welcome Gail , ............. this is a nice place to hang out and share just about anything and everything , ....... well , ..... within reason of course :laugh:

Seeing as your Bobs daughter I want to share something very special with you .

This is my daughter Montana Lyn , she's 15 now [ going on 23 ] .
I keep this picture with me where ever I go and it has never left my side .
Every day when I came home from work she would get me a beer and unlace my linemans boots and put them on .
This was a very special routine with her and she took pride in welcoming me home every day .
[ Startin to well up over here ]

Always remember , all daughters are their dads special little angel !!!!

picture_1289_20100511_1407688522.jpg

That is such a sweet photo! I love to see a guy who loves his kids! Thank you for that! I've told Poppy that since I was 47 when we met, he has to live at least 47 more years, putting him at a spry 114. Hey, it could happen! I just hope I make him as happy as he has made me and as your daughter has obviously made you.

Dioramix wrote:
Servus Gail,

when Bob told us first time the wonderful fairy tale of you and your dad Bob, Ann & me were thrilled.

Come aboard here and look around. So you will meet :Hiay a lot of people sharing the same great hobby.

Best regards --- Johnny & Ann from Munich

Thank you, Johnny and Ann. It IS a fairy tale and I still can't quite believe it. He really is a prince of a guy (pun intended) and I hope I make him as proud as he has made me. I have been looking around here and am amazed at what people on here have created. It appears there is a large talent pool here and it is obvious that creativity is alive and well at TnT.

Wes2010 wrote:
Gail,

It's great having you join Tanks N Things along with your Dad and Mom and all your new friends. It was a pleasure talking to you this weekend. I can't wait to meet you and your husband. (y)

Take Care, Wes

Hi, Wes! I enjoyed talking to you, as well! I have heard so much about you and it will be great to meet the guy behind the stories. :) I would imagine I will be meeting you fairly soon, if everything works out as planned. Take care.

MrT wrote:
Gail,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the T-N-T gang. My wife and I were thrilled when we heard the new about you and your Dad. Living just a couple a hundred miles from your Dad in western Missouri we look forward to meeting you. So just find a place that you are comfortable with and have fun and again welcome.

Terry B)

Hi, Terry! Thank you for that. I'm thrilled to finally have my dad in my life; he's better than I ever would have dared hope, a lovely man, with an equally lovely wife. If you live here in MO then I would imagine that indeed, I will be able to meet you and your wife sooner or later. I look forward to it!

Kreighshoer wrote:
welcome, welcome, welcome gail!

don't worry - everybody will be nice to you or the upper management will swing their hammers! ;)

we all hope that you enjoy this place here and you surely don't need any modelling skills to comment anything! you like it, you comment it! you want to join any chitchat, then join!

Hi, Laura, honey!

I haven't known you long but you're already one of my favorite people. Thank you for being so kind to me and even more for your hilarious dog stories! You can tell a story like no one else I've known and I laugh so hard I nearly fall off the chair....and you're talented on top of that! You make me feel a little inadequate but I sure enjoy your company and I know Poppy loves you to pieces. I look forward to hearing from you in the future and more of your stories...keep 'em coming! :lol:

Back