• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vampire

...and now it's silver !!

h0bb601a.jpg

h8a218f0.jpg

...and I have a new cutting mat to take photos upon.

Ian.

I remember seeing Demons and Vampires in the patern when I was just knee high . Never saw the two seater version though .

On a different note, I saw at least one two seater Hunter in Germany in the 80"s . Guess those had a very long lifespan as well .

Looking good Ian/James . :laugh:

Cheers, Christian B)

Stickers started yesterday evening, and completed this morning whilst the 'Little Stormtroopers' were watching TV. Sprayed a light coat of Humbrol 'Satin Cote' (sic) just after lunch and now it looks like this.

ha915e35.jpg

hc0e102e.jpg

h0911c07.jpg

h4f9945f.jpg

Leaving it until tomorrow afternoon, hopefully then it will be dry enough to handle and I can get it finished and photographed. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment through this short build. As ever please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments or criticism.

AFN

Ian. (or maybe James ) :idonno

Kit - Airfix 1:72
Paint - All enamel
Decals - Xtradecal
Extras - None

DH Vampire T.55
75 Squadron
RNZAF Whenuapai

h0970843.jpg

hacfd84b.jpg

h9c3dbc6.jpg

hc1abdce.jpg

hcee71df.jpg

h5e24ce0.jpg

h92732b1.jpg

hf29c2c4.jpg

Almost certainly my last finish for a couple of months as we're off to the 'old world' straight after New Year. As ever thanks for following along with this. I mentioned before that this has been a delight, a vice-free build and I heartily recommend the Airfix Vampire to everyone.

AFN

Ian.

Impressive looking bird Ian! Way to go! I commend you on your smooth metallic finish. Have fun on your trip.

Back