• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Introducing a friend to the hobby

helios

A couple months ago a friend of mine saw a model I'd posted on Facebook and commented on how it was something he'd always been interested in trying out, but never got around to it. Told he if he ever gave it some serious though to hit me up before jumping in.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, he pings me to ask a few questions. He was looking for another hobby and was giving it some serious thought again. We chatted for a while and I told him to hold off on buying anything. I've got plenty of stuff kicking around that I'd be willing to donate to get his feet wet. Kinda like a dealer's free sample, right? :lol:

That night I went and raided the stash for some kits of various disciplines he can try his hand at. I've since added a ship and a tank to this pile.

I also raided my supplies and some of my old tools that I no longer use (x-acto knife and some brushes) and compiled a little starter box.

This weekend we are planning on a build day. I'll bring some of my paints down that he can use, until he can start building up his own inventory. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'll probably be taking down my RF-4E and Cobra to finish up...then possibly the OV-1B that will be attempted to be built for a Vietnam GB.

I'm ready for this weekend to get here.

That's totally cool. I'm sure he'll be a master in not time with a great teacher Chris!
Make sure he knows where to post pictures when all done. :geekon:

Oh wow! That is so awesome! I envy you this opportunity! Hey, take pics of the build day and post them so we can all live vicariously through you. This rocks man!

Back