• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS Hornet Model Expo 2012

wds

USS Hornet Model Expo 2012
This was a bring and display your stuff show (not a contest) on board the Hornet which is currently docked at the nearby decommissioned Alameda Naval Air Station. It was sponsored by the Hornet museum, and a couple of local IPMS chapters. I brought a couple of models and was able to duck the normal admission fee (I made a donation anyway).

The models were displayed in the hanger deck. The light wasn’t great, but there was plenty of room. I was expecting a bigger turnout, but as this was my first one, I really didn’t have any idea what to expect.

I’m not a ship guy (yet), but I was impressed with some of the tiny ship and submarine models. Car keys were put in the foreground to show scale.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

show_1.jpg

Sci Fi
show6.jpg

show7.jpg

show8.jpg

Ships
show_2.jpg

show_3.jpg

show5.jpg

show4.jpg

Hanger deck
show21.jpg

show22.jpg

show23.jpg

show24.jpg

Civies
show19.jpg

AFV
show9.jpg

show20.jpg

show17.jpg

show14.jpg

show15.jpg

show16.jpg

show10.jpg

show11.jpg

show12.jpg

show13.jpg

What a fantastic location to have a modelshow! :woohoo:

Great line up of models.Like that camo scheme on the 'Hetzer' for sure!

Thanks for sharing these,Bill! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Wounder what they use for riggin on those little ships, that's amazing. Neat to check out that Sea Fury also, Thanks Bill.

Very very cool. Would love to go through the carrier. And the modeling is just WOW :D
James

Thanks Ron, Bob, James, and Dave. (y)

I realized I duplicated a picture of the RSO, so I deleted one and added a couple of more. Sorry for the out of focus. I was shooting hand-held and trying not to use the flash.

Bob, I thought about trying to track down the builder of that Yukikaze to ask him about the rigging, but I just ADHDed on to something else. Fine as spider web. Wow.

Thanks again,

Bill

Opps, I said Sea Fury, that's not a Sea Fury, that's FJ-2 Fury, maybe. I'm not up on the North American Navy variants.

Thanks Sherm.

Bob, I don't know them at all. I had to look up fj2. Ah..... the saber jet. I thought " Darn, his eyes are good. I don't see a Sea Furry anywhere!" :coolio :v

Bill

Back