• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USMC AH-1Z "Shark Mouth"-Academy-1/35th

I bought from Werners wings once but never used the parts. He is/was a helo pilot so knows his stuff. I didn't know he had Hind parts though. Saul's ref is interesting and good info for the "selfie stick" :)
James

Thanks Saul for the info on the "selfie stick". I guess I wasn't to far off the mark...And Thanks to everyone for stopping in. the actual build will start on or about the 16th of November, so stay tuned.
:v

So here beez the start up picks for My Viper... :eek:hyeah

hff5029c.jpg

As you can see I got a couple three goodies, FOD covers, new gun barrels, and an external fuel tank to change up my load out a little.

Now since this is my first ever Aircraft build I figured I should have a back up plan in case I pooch the cockpit and canopy... :pinch:

h00afb0f.jpg

Won't be sinking my teeth into this one just yet as I got to get a couple current build finished up.
Thanks for stopping in.
:v

Gonna be really neat and the cockpit wrap is a potentially interesting idea if u have to that way!

Thats most of what I got also. I just received the new Eduard PE for it. If you're using the fod covers the digital displays wont be much good but there are pe screens for any opening and some other goodies.
James

Holy Cow this campaign build totally slipped my mind... :doh:
Six months to go so I better get on it. Thought I would start with something easy-ish. One bad thing about this otherwise awesome kit is the lack of safety harnesses on the seats. So that's where I began...
AH1z004.jpg

The instructions call for painting the entire cockpit flat black but to me that is way to stark of a color...so how to paint black without using black?...:hmm:
Base color is Mission Models Panzer Gray.
AH1z005.jpg

And the end result...I'm happy with it. :good:
AH1z006.jpg

Next painting up the flight deck.
AH1z007.jpg

Thanks for Stopping In!
:victory:

The Cobra is hands down my fave egg-beater and even though this bad boy is in 1/35, meaning I really have nowhere to store it, I very much want to build it...can’t wait to see this in person

Nice. I typically use Tamiya's NATO Black for most of my black, unless I'm looking for some detail highlights.

I have this kit in my stash, Eric. Where did you get the belts from or how did you make them?

Wow now I see what you mean with "gray-to-black" Transition. SO MUCH BETTER. I will most definitely look into that in our further conversations.

I love this Viper but 1/35? Too rich for my blood. I admire your Courage though. How About that iron cross in the cowling? any German references?

Cheers

Alex

Thanks everyone for stopping in, I just realized I never said that...got to do better.

@helios : Thanks for suggesting NATO black I totally forgot about that. I'll definitely add that to by pallet going forward.

@Paulw : I made the seat belts from colored printer paper and bits of leftover plastic card. The hard part was finding good reference for what they looked liked.

@Flyingbabydoc : Stay tuned Alex I'll be starting on the rest of the cockpit today. Not really sure of the story behind the cross i'll have to do some more research on that though.

Holy Cow this campaign build totally slipped my mind... :doh:
Six months to go so I better get on it. Thought I would start with something easy-ish. One bad thing about this otherwise awesome kit is the lack of safety harnesses on the seats. So that's where I began...
View attachment 123082
The instructions call for painting the entire cockpit flat black but to me that is way to stark of a color...so how to paint black without using black?...:hmm:
Base color is Mission Models Panzer Gray.
View attachment 123083
And the end result...I'm happy with it. :good:
View attachment 123084
Next painting up the flight deck.
View attachment 123085

Thanks for Stopping In!
:victory:
Very cool. Just to answer your question about black, A member way back in the start of MA suggested adding some flesh to the black. It works very well and if you add black highlights they can be differentiated quite easily. Since then anything pure black I do the black / flesh mix. Hope that helps somewhat.
JAmes

This is fantastic! I'll be watching this closely.

Since I recently saw an announcement of this kit being released in 1/72 scale, I'll be taking notes to see how I can do mine when I get it.

Back