• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 COMPLETED

Many thanks, my friends. :notworthy :good:

I liked this build so much, I may build another in the near future.

:drinks

I missed this somehow.

It looks real, which is about the best thing I can say about a plastic model. Superb finish.

Thanks guys! This was the most modern armor kit I've built to date, may have started something? :idonno
Of course, I had motivation to finish it and claim the ribbon John designed.

To John! :drinks

Many thanks to all who took time to comment and look at my work. :notworthy Bruce asked how I did the fade on the turret and barrel, so I thought it would be better answered here. If you go back to page 6, I described the painting process. Some may consider modulation sets "cheating", but the convenience and consistency of the colors helps us mere mortals paint like we know something about color and art. As you read further, you'll note that I added more of the light color to the turret and barrel, creating a sense of light shining on it. Couple that with filters (thin washes) and random grime from heavier washes, blend the starkness and add depth.

I used only three of the six colors in the AK Interactive 4BO Russian Green set, Dark Base, 4BO Base and 4BO Light Base during this build.

IMG_4956.JPG

Here's where I stopped on my first session.

IMG_8331.JPG

Looks pretty good, but I wanted to add a little more.

I added a light mist of 4BO Light Base at an angle to the top and side of the turret and the top of the barrel.

IMG_8339.JPG

This adds the illusion of light shining on the tank. If you don't like your effect, go back a step, re base coat and add your highlights again. Good reference photos and practice is what it takes. I felt my first attempt at this painting style was too stark, too light, so that's why I didn't use the last two colors.

My old T55, too light.

IMG_5132.JPG

I hope this answers some of your questions, all I can say is keep at it.

Many thanks to all who too time to comment and look at my work. :notworthy Bruce asked how I did the fade on the turret and barrel, so i thought it would be better answered here. If you go back to page 6, I described the painting process. Some may consider modulation sets "cheating", but the convenience and consistency of the colors helps us mere mortals paint like we know something about color and art. As you read further, you'll note that I added more of the light color to the turret and barrel, creating a sense of light shining on it. Couple that with filters (thin washes) and random grime from heavier washes, blend the starkness and add depth.

I used only three of the six colors in the AK Interactive 4BO Russian Green set, Dark Base, 4BO Base and 4BO Light Base during this build.

IMG_4956.JPG

Here's where I stopped on my first session.

IMG_8331.JPG

Looks pretty good, but I wanted to add a little more.

I added a light mist of 4BO Light Base at an angle to the top and side of the turret and the top of the barrel.

IMG_8339.JPG

This adds the illusion of light shining on the tank. If you don't like your effect, go back a step, re base coat and add your highlights again. Good reference photos and practice is what it takes. I felt my first attempt at this painting style was too stark, too light, so that's why I didn't use the last two colors.

My old T55

IMG_5132.JPG

I hope this answers some of your questions, all I can say is keep at it.

Thanks! I have been using this set too! I like it but was not sure how you got that very light color, now I see it and will try it next time! Good to know I am at least on the right path~!

Calling this one complete! Many thanks to Saul, Mike Roof, Joey and others for their knowledge and support, I couldn't have done it without you guys. :notworthy Here is is.

IMG_8727.JPG

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8728.JPG

IMG_8730.JPG

IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8732.JPG

IMG_8733.JPG

This was a lot of fun and had some added challenges, but I'd highly recommend the kit. In fact, I liked it so much, I bought another one. :laugh:

To John! :drinks

Wow, that is nice!

Regards,

Back