• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 COMPLETED

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 Tracks

Thanks, guys! This has been a fun build, definitely outside my comfort zone armor wise. B)

Oh man, I am SO using this like a 'sticky' for future builds!

Well alright, let's get some tracks dirty! My preferred method on metal tracks is to enhance the chemical blackener with a wash, I really like the enamel Track Wash from AK Interactive, the color suits me and you can thin it with their white spirit to vary the effect. Here's one track coated (bottom) and the other with no wash.

IMG_8380.JPG

IMG_8381.JPG

I had a Moon Puppy moment and wanted immediate results, so I used my wife's blow dryer to speed the process. :mpup

When the tracks were dry, I ran my coarse sanding stick over the tracks to simulate the polished surface from contact with the ground. Just a quick zip-zip is all it takes.

IMG_8382.JPG

IMG_8383.JPG

Moving forward, I mixed up several colors of pigments and applied them in a random patter on the tracks, then "fixed" them with pigment fixer. You can also use alcohol or acrylic paint thinner to set the pigments, if you don't, they will eventually fall off and make a mess. :facepalm

IMG_8384.JPG

IMG_8385.JPG

We'll let these dry and move along to the tank later this week. Thanks for checking in. (y)

:drinks

I found a set of Master Club click tracks at the IPMS Nats, will be posting a review of them side by side with my Friuls. Stay tuned. B)

Excellento! But...will they have that "Tropical Shine" as advertise with the Fruils? (note that sanding board)

I found a set of Master Club click tracks at the IPMS Nats, will be posting a review of them side by side with my Friuls. Stay tuned. B)

As promised, a very quick and dirty review of the MasterClub click tracks. Having recently built a set of Friuls, I wanted to compare the different "styles". The MasterClub tracks are very nice right from the box and require very little cleanup.

IMG_8616.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

I assembled a run of ten in just minutes, it takes a couple tries to get the feel of how they go together.

IMG_8618.JPG

They bend easily and stayed together!

IMG_8619.JPG

This is straight out of the box, no cleanup done, although in looking at this closeup, they could stand a little touching up if you so desire.

IMG_8620.JPG

IMG_8621.JPG

So far, so good. I'd recommend this product. :good:

I purchased mine from Hard Target Models, find Jack at http://www.hardtargetmodels.com/

More filters and weathering going on, more photos later.

Nice looking tracks. By the time you mud them up doubt much clean up is needed. :soldier

They are ALMOST instant gratification, definitely easier than Magic Tracks. The no drilling and pinning thing has it's merits, but I still like the weight of Friuls. MasterClub also makes white metal tracks that have resin pins, I may pick up a set of those for another build.

It's been a long, hot summer here in Carolina, so progress has been slow. I've wedged in a few weathering sessions here and there, here's where we are today. I still haven't flat coated the turret, so it's still pretty glossy from the decals and streaks.

IMG_8707.JPG

IMG_8708.JPG

IMG_8709.JPG

Temporarily in place.

IMG_8710.JPG

IMG_8711.JPG

IMG_8712.JPG

I'll get the flat on it later this week and do some additional accessories and misc to round it out.

Thanks for coming by.

Trumpeter T-62 Mod. 1962 Now We're Rolling

h9ff8090_2016-08-23.jpg

Lost track of this build (excuse the pun), a little while back - Looks fantastic Mike, really like the whole 'feel' of this one.

Ian.

:coolio That has a good feel to it Mike (y) Awaiting the next step :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Ya know....I just have to add....for a guy that says "I have problems with my eyes" you sure do fine work! :laugh:

Thanks, guys! You are all too kind. :blush: I don't see details as well as I did, but if I get enough light and don't drop anything, I can still progress slowly.

I shot some flat yesterday, it was really to hot and humid to do so, but did it anyway. :evil: I'll post pictures this weekend. Thanks for coming by.

Back