• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter Geschutzwagen, yep another one!

That is indeed beautiful to look at (in a deep voiced masculine sort of way). One question which Trumpeter did not address, where will you place the 'lazy Susan' pivot base (the circular one) when in the travel mode?

When the carrier backed up to the emplaced gun, the plate slid rearwards and the rectangular plate pivoted up out of the way. The gun sled was winched on board the cargo bay of the carrier and locked in position. I always thought the circular base plate would be at the rear of the gun sled... any clue how this would work?

I just got the 21cm Geschutzwagen so will try to figure this out for my review.

Regards,

funny you should ask that 'cos I was just looking at my kit and wondering the same thing...maybe they planned to have a support vehicle carrying ammo and it would have gone on there. The reason I say that is, theres no obvious place to stow it on the vehicle and it would be a bit heavy for the crew to lift off.....

Cheers chaps! glad you like it. Well the whole project is now complete. Really enjoyed the whole process. More pictures will be posted in the showcase

base9.jpg

Pete

My, my, my... what a BIG gun you have.

Seriously, I love the camo.It looks so right on that beast and is very well balanced. Very pleasing to the eye.

Did you get any instructions with your RB barrel? I didn't from Lucky Model. I guess I can figure out where those support rollers go but the barrel included a tiny etched fret with two bolts and absolutely no information on where they go or what they represent. I think they are lock nuts for the muzzle brake but I could be wrong....

Yup, they have those pics on Lucky Modes website but can you see that tiny square fret of etched brass? It appears to be two bolt heads or something but you can't see them on the gun in those pics.......

On the RB Barrel set, one bolt head is a spare. Truthfully, the bolt head is too shallow. The strip is correct and a bolt (deeper than that in the fret) is used to keep the muzzle from moving. This bolt slips into a channel machined into the threaded portion of the barrel. While this photo is of the Jagdpanzer 38, it shows the channel I am referring to:
MVC-163F.jpg

If you can do it without losing it, try to trim the bolt away from the spare item and layer it on the first to give it the proper depth.

Pete, I am still impressed with the NSU detailing you carried out.

Regards,

Back