• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plane parking

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Let's have some fun and do something I have never done. Project is going to be a resin aircraft base from Squadron in 1/48 scale. The base is molded in one piece, has more detail than I expected. One problem I see is there was some mold tearing and I found about a half a dozen small chunks of rubber in places. I don't like the extra items molded in. But that is really my personal issue, not the product. So if I ever finish my F8 Bearcat I'll have an Indochina airfield to park it on.

IMG_7626.JPG

I first washed it with 409 surface cleaner and scrubbed with a toothbrush. Then I sprayed the base with shake and shoot black primer from Krylon. I then let it sit for a couple of days that turned into a couple months :facepalm

IMG_0442.JPG

I then used Tamiya white and picked out some parts. I used about 5% paint to 95% reducer, then the same using gray and tan.

IMG_0470.JPG

Then I sprayed some Tamiya hull red for the dirt. I used the same paint to reducer percentage

IMG_0471.JPG

I went back and picked out a couple more spots with gray

IMG_0474.JPG

I then sprayed the PSP matting with Ammo of Mig "Old Rust." Mixture of 1 drop paint to 10 drops reducer

IMG_0475.JPG

Final step for this post. I mixed up 3 Ammo of Mig rust colors, as a wash. Then I applied them pretty random. For the dirt areas I mixed up Vallejo mud brown and mahogany brown as a wash.

IMG_0480.JPG

Back