• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N (Done!)

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N

I painted the cowl today and it was an experiment to get the right shade of DSB. I kept adding just a drop of black to the intermediate blue I had nad this is what I came up with.

B

Being satisfied with what I came up with I sprayed the wings. I used the Alclad II primer and am very satisfied with the results. I also used some Tamiya TS-83 metallic silver but i9t didnt allow the acrylics to hold as well as the alclad.

The wing come with two parts that allow you to attach it in the stowed position or the extended position soo you can change them any time you want. I chose to keep it stowed because the extended kind of droops and doesn't marry up flush and leaves gaps.

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N

I was wondering about the working wing fold Paul, haven't seen on that works well yet but i've only seen a couple.

Dark Sea Blue looks cool man! :pilot

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N

Very good progress, Paul. DSB looks just about spot-on to me.

Ian

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N

This is by no means done but until I can get some decent decals I think Ill put it up for a a couple of days. I still have some reservations about the l.g. because they seem to put a serious angle to the what the wheesl sit. Other than that I don't see too much wrong so far.

Ill be working on some decals for this tomorrow as well as working on that funky landing gear then the fun stuff gets started....weathering. :pinch:

Trumpeter 1/32 F-6F 3N

finally found some decals that worked. I tried to put the wings in the extended position
but the inserts for the wing doesn't provide enough support so the stowed position is the plan of the day.
I am not really finished, just a few touch ups and some bits and parts to round it out. After that is complete I'll do a better photo shoot.

After the Huey I was glad to get back to the Hellcat. I am mostly done with this and though I could use some more instruction on fading the panels and how this thing should look as a South Pacific night fighter.
Anyway, I am pleased with the way it came out for me. Ill have this one on the shelf for display for a while.

Pics dont do it justice.

After the Huey I was glad to get back to the Hellcat. I am mostly done with this and though I could use some more instruction on fading the panels and how this thing should look as a South Pacific night fighter.
Anyway, I am pleased with the way it came out for me. Ill have this one on the shelf for display for a while.

Pics dont do it justice.

Way to go Paul, looks like salt water weathering to me :good:

Back