• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thunderjet

:blink :blink

Well we figured they would didn't we? Wonder what they did about the cockpit because it was sure lacking for the VLR Mustang.

Just checked them out at HLJ, you know what i'm not seeing, the dual antenna rig for the UD homing system. What's up with that?

Opps...stand corrected. Here they are in the instructions, step 74b

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10199450z19/70/19

Carnac says there's a Mustang in your future! :laugh:

Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg

:drinks

I think construction is over. Maybe some landing lights on the gear.

Thunder17.jpg

Canopy done with Aeromaster Decals - UK Interior Green Canopy Frames/Trims, sure am glad I got the 1:48 scale and not the 1:32 scale...:rotf. OK it's UK Green Interior decal and you paint the outer color on top of it. Then cut it in strips and apply to the frame. I came back later and trimmed it down further along the raised lines. Solvaset did a good job on it. Then I used Chrome BMF for the other trim work. Used it cause it was easier than trying to mask and paint Alclad in such tight quarters.

You can accplish the same thing with clear decal paper, paint your interior color first, then outer.

Thunder18.jpg

Nav lights drilled out and colored in with transparent colors.

Thunder19.jpg

Next up, decals.

Thanks Adam, not as nice as it should be. Need to order some decals yet cause these from Revelle are out of register. Wanna do it up right bud!

Doing the same thing to a F-86 soon.

Thanks Randy, There's a lot of blemishes that I should have addressed. Just wish I had some decals to finish this up. Maybe next week I can get some in.

I haven't forgotten about the Thunderjet.

Started applying decals last weekend. have to go slow with this.

Thunder20.jpg

sorry for the haze, need to remember to wipe the lens on my phone.

If you read on another forum, as I did, that you can use Solvaset on AlcladII high shine...don't believe it. I didn't believe it but wanted to test just the same. This is the result. I guess it's this notion I've run up on lately of folks feeding false info to modelers.
Thunder22.jpg

I can fix this...

Thunder21.jpg

I did put a seal coat of AlcladII Aqua Clear and it does not seem to diminish the high shine. Decals lay down nicely on the glossy surface and since I got the seal coat on it, decal solvent has no effect on the finish. Dilute it though!

Whatcha think?

Back