• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thunderjet

Looking pretty sharp Bob. Grand old jet ! (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

BTW Christian, we were talking about the Thunder of Thunderjet the other day. Remember this was a Republic product, makers of the P-47 Thunderbolt the proposed Republic F-103 Thunderwarrior and F-105 Thunderchief for example. Much like the Grumman Cats.

I don't think you should stop after ''just'' two more, you are really getting a handle on Alclad, each one is better than the last, this one is Smokin' !! :notworthy

I'm gonna start calling you the Alclad King soon!

Did you coat the decals with anything after the aqua gloss clear MP?

I believe you're right Bob but their real claim to fame was probably for making the world's fastest tricycles .

Took lots and lots of runway to get them off the ground . Particularly the F-84F Thunderstreak.

Belgium and Germany flew them as well :pilot

Cheers Christian B)

Did you coat the decals with anything after the aqua gloss clear MP?

Phil the insignia on the wings I used Microsol very carefully, with a brush loaded with water to dilute it but found it really wasn't necessary. The big one on the tail was laid down with Alclad Aqua Clear, the rest was neat, straight up decal. No solution or treatments at all. The entire aircraft did get a coat of Alclad Aqua Clear.

Thanks Chuck, I tell ya, the decal strips are the way to go on those type canopies. I screwed up the BMF around the edged, doubled over in some spots and created an unsightly seam.

Top job Bob :)
these early jets have bucketfuls of character compared to the modern stuff. nice pictures too :)

Back