• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thoughts on using a coffee mug warmer for decal water bowl?

Huh... I've always used warm water for all the reasons mentioned above by others, but this is usually a starting point - i.e. I run warm water from the tap to start with, but by the time I'm done, it's cooled down to room temp. Hardly ever a problem since most of my modeling projects (armor) have very few decals.

However, this is such a simple and straightforward idea / solution! I think as with every good idea I come across, I'm gonna steal it!!
Decal 101! I have a lengthy (ME?!) story about my 1/144 Kulula Airlines 737-800 model decals. I won't bore everyone here with such.

You magnificent Pagan God! Any cutters or fireboats included? Asking for a friend.
See? This is how you know I actually have the title (sorry Mike). Sale of Bridge is only of the metal. Anchorage blocks, abutments, and tower foundations are not included. The NY/NJ Port Authority does not provide any cutters nor does the FDNY provide any fireboats to be included in the sale.

Yet, it is priced to (literally) move and a generous 6-month timeline afforded to vacate the foundations, abutments, and anchorage.

Perhaps I will finally sell and be able to get the mug warmer? :P

Regards,

Decal 101! I have a lengthy (ME?!) story about my 1/144 Kulula Airlines 737-800 model decals. I won't bore everyone here with such.
A separate post in our lonely tutorial area would be most welcomed!

Regards,

Another use I found for the warmer...warming up a can of spray paint (or primer in my case). It needs to be done in a water bath for 2 reasons. First because of the weight for the pressure switch, and also since the cans only have a small ridge around the bottom of the can, heat transfer w/o the water bath would take much longer and wouldn't be time efficient.

Back