• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Blitzkrieg" GROUP BUILD 11 PLAYERS NEED 10

Re: The Blitz

Blitzkrieg limits it to Europe... was was already brewing on the other side of the World with the Axis power there taking on Britain and France as a consequence. Why not The Early War so it also opens up The Prelude to War like Chine (got my Fine Molds Type 89 in mind).

A Maritime build can't be too specific as (factually) there aren't too many modelers of that genre here. So, I propose a simple catch all:

Anchors Aweigh!
Anything with an anchor can join.

Regards,

12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

Wow, it looks like Cyber-Hobby are relasing this guy:
70806.jpg

Will the medals be sold separately?

Regards,

LOL!

seems like no with the medals! the figure's sporting the ek2 ribbon while christoph waltz's character from the movie has the war merit cross second class ribbon!

Now for something cold and frosty... I mean cool, I mean mammut...

Norway...
6666_poster.jpg

Regards,

Well let's get this back on track. I think this build should be called "Blitzkreig" and focus on those years in which the name implies. I think a narrow focus is good just like Operation Overlord. There would be plenty of subjects to model and some unusual ones to boot. I think this should be a go project. I already know of a guy who is ready to build another French Tank and another with Panzer I(me) that is ready to destroy it.

There I haven't talked that much in days.

Terry ;)

I read somewhere that someone wants to build a Pz II... not me!

Yet there is a resin JGMT Dewoitine D.520 with a sharkmouth in the stash...

Regards,

well peoples - ten players! ten i say!

come on ... enlist here!

i confess that this gb is really, really interesting me!

Laura, I have six builds going, this will kill me at seven BUT, if you build a Pz II, I will build my Dewoitine!

Regards,

Just as an FYI,
The "Blitz" is considered as the bombing of London. It started in the summer of 1940 and in Sept it was concentrated on London, until May 1941. Even after that heavy bombing stopped there was still the V,1's and V,2's for the remainder of the war. The Blitz had 60,000 deceased and 87,000 seriously injured, 150,000 Injured and 2 million homes destroyed. The first V2 was dropped on London 1 Sept 1944.The last V2 dropped on London was 27 March 1945. I was one of the youngsters that was evacuated after the first V1 hit.
John

Re: The Blitzkrieg

Looks like the Blitzkrieg GB needs a little kick in the tail. Current player look to be a follows:

Moonpuppy
MrT
Krieghshoer
Sherman18
Sharkmouth
Hood

That makes six players we need four more to make this a go project.

Terry

Re: "The Blitzkreig" GROUP BUILD 6 PLAYERS NEED 10

I'd love to play, but I cant keep up with what I have.
JAmes

Re: "The Blitzkreig" GROUP BUILD 6 PLAYERS NEED 10

When will this build start and end? I have my eye on a Bronco H39.

Re: "The Blitzkrieg" GROUP BUILD 6 PLAYERS NEED 10

i allowed myself to edit the title edit!

the german word for war is krIEg, not krEIg ...

if my nick helps with the spelling confusion please be aware that my nick is one of the possible spellings in medieval german, my nick being medieval german and no modern german and pronounced correct my nick is spoken out "kraegshuer" ('Krägshüür') ... but medieval german is a science for itself!

and to sort out any possible speculation - 'kreighs hoer' translates into nothing else but sutler! go and wash your dirty minds dudes!

EI is pronounced like the english letter 'i' - e.g. 'Leibstandarte' and IE is pronounced like the english 'e' ... if you turn the letters around like 'Liebstandarte' it would translate into 'lovely pennant" and those dudes may have been a lot of things but surely not lovely!

i'm well aware that the pronounciation of 'IE' and 'EI' are vice versa in both languages but i wanted y'all to know!

another example would be 'Preiser' which i more than often noticed to be written 'Prieser' (wrong!) - the latter being phonetically correct but spelled wrong!

hope to have sorted that one out!

BTT.: i'm already on the list but just wanted to confirm that i'd be so damn sure in with this one and got lotsa ideas and kits!

get going dudes! enlist! start date asap! TBA!

oh ... and before i forget it - although the Neubaufahrzeug is on my wishlist since an eternity i refuse to either buy or build a kit with a price tag of 90,-€! that's completely insane and i won't support that price politics!

that means player count seven?

come ooooooon dudes - three more! only three more!

i wouldn't have thought that this topic would be such a hard nut to crack!

I can do two projects will that help. I have a 1/32 Stuka

Terry :D

I can do two projects will that help. I have a 1/32 Stuka

i could build my entire stash so if that would be enough for player count we could do that gb all alone! ;)

same rules for everybody - ten players and not one less!

Back