• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Blitzkrieg" GROUP BUILD 11 PLAYERS NEED 10

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
What about it, a Quick Build of anything from the Blitz era? Someone else can probably define that era better than I.

Re: The Blitz

Sounds fantastic!! Time frame should be 1939 through 1941 I think.

Terry B)

poland, france, denmark, norway, balkans, greece and crete would be the candidates for this then! africa's another story and soviet union was no blitz!

but a quick build? you nuts? do you have the slightest idea how many kits from that period i have? plus am goodies?

IF i enter that gb i would surely need more time than that what can be defined as QUICK!

Well we could make it as long as we want also.

Kenny has me thinking about maritime stuff, wonder what's out there as far as the Channel boats that helped evacuate Dunkirk?

Kenny has me thinking about maritime stuff, wonder what's out there as far as the Channel boats that helped evacuate Dunkirk?

river plate comes to my mind - wonder why! i heard rumors that someone has an academy 'admiral graf spee' premium edition! :D

poland, france, denmark, norway, balkans, greece and crete would be the candidates for this then! africa's another story and soviet union was no blitz!

but a quick build? you nuts? do you have the slightest idea how many kits from that period i have? plus am goodies?

IF i enter that gb i would surely need more time than that what can be defined as QUICK!

Geez you going build all of them!! I think maybe we make this a year long.

Terry B)

Here's a topic picture.

06-06.jpg

Terry B)

Can we just clarify the difference for the purpose of the GB between The Blitz and Blitzkrieg ? Two very different animals :)

You mean as in The Blitz as in the Battle of Britain or more specifically the bombing of London?

I guess it should be the Blitzkrieg, weapons that were used both offense and defensively during the Blitzkrieg years.

Would BoB be the cut off?

I'll weigh in her with my take. The Blitzkrieg was the lighting war. From what I understand it should include the invasion of Poland, France, the Lowlands, and Norway up until defensive posturing was started at the coast. They literally rolled over the opposition in double time. The Battle of Britain was its own period. I don't think Dieppe would count as the Germans where already in defensive mode and it is its own little piece of history. There was nothing lightning about it.
So Poland, France, Lowlands, BEF, Invasion of Norway 39/40. My thoughts.

James

edit by jk oops

Yeah I think that we could say
from 1939 to 1940 up to and including Dunkirk

That would be the Blitzkrieg era What you think ?

The Blitz was the arial bombardment of Major UK cities from September 1940 to May 1941

The only trouble I can see with doing a GB of that is that it would be mainly a Bomber and Fighter wingy thingy build.

1941???

P40 at a gas station count? :silly:

I think it is a good subject. Good kits out there..........

Could I get away using a Tamiya PzIV? D, I think.

Yeah I think that we could say
from 1939 to 1940 up to and including Dunkirk

That would be the Blitzkrieg era What you think ?

The Blitz was the arial bombardment of Major UK cities from September 1940 to May 1941

The only trouble I can see with doing a GB of that is that it would be mainly a Bomber and Fighter wingy thingy build.

Well you could add Operation Seelowe <sp> to it for the ground and naval types. They were interdependent.

James

1941???

P40 at a gas station count? :silly:

I've already tried that one Jeff, I think you and I were the only ones' ready to go. I still say I'll do a Lee tank as it was AFTER the paint factory and BEFORE the Turpentine factory... :woohoo: :gogo

Y'all work it out and let me know what I can build.. :mpup

don't forget the balkan and greece dudes! those weren't too long invasions either!

and indeed - blitzkrieg, not blitz!

battle of britain and sea lio should be separate topics ...

river plate comes to my mind - wonder why! i heard rumors that someone has an academy 'admiral graf spee' premium edition! :D

:blink

That would be considered the Blitz? Maybe you just want to see me build that massive thing!

read what you wrote, read what i wrote! you were talking about hinking maritime stuff so i threw in the river plate for that beautiful kit you could build! ;)

Back