• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

Thanks Fellers ..... Ed I'm trying to change checking accounts .... I had to fire a bank for stealing too much of my money .... then there is the credit card machine lease trouble ..... and the online store that isn't right ...... so I've been very busy trying to get the train re-railed ..... plus my brother came in yesterday talking about putting a 2 foot gauge railroad out on the farm ..... :woohoo: ..... :eek:ldguy

So here goes an update .......

h416c990.jpg

As you remember my drive system that I was stuck on sucked ..... So I ordered one of these from Labellemodels.com ..... this unit is DCC ready so there won't be a problem when it gets here .....

h2d8bc1b.JPG

I'm continuing on finishing the Bottom of the car ...... I've installed one of four truss rod anchors ... :eek:ldguy

haa47baf.JPG

h0ea0742.JPG

The queen posts for the truss rods ....... I also have set the traction motors on the bottom of the floorboard ...... :eek:ldguy

hb860c04.JPG

Now folks ..... I must stress very Important to read the Destruction's ..... as there was no way you would put these turnbuckles on that piece of brass ......

h3245541.JPG

This Nylon line worked much better ...... :eek:ldguy

h26e9c63.JPG

h3167f1d.JPG

I took some acrylic black paint to give it some color ...... Next I'll be working on the inside of the Car .... I had screwed the roof on in a step before ....

hc4f5eea.JPG

But I found this piece of scribed wood flooring which will be a great addition to the inside of the car ...... I'll be taking the screws out and fixing the floor in permanently ..... I'll use My Magnets to hold the top on ...... Plus today I'm getting some green acrylic sheet for the top celestial windows ..... :eek:ldguy

Ya'll have a great modeling day ...... and remember to support your LHS ..... On-line is killing Us !!!

h7686113.JPG

hf415992.JPG

I removed the roof & enlarged the screw holes for the Magnets to be inserted .....

h47f8c7d.JPG

h546fe67.JPG

I inserted the Magnets in the body and super glued them...... And I know I don't have tell you that magnets have a polarity and in order to them to attract ...... :eek:ldguy

h58272d9.JPG

h3adc8b1.JPG

I also put the Magnets in the roof ..... Now watch the video to see the attraction ..... :eek:ldguy

[video width=420 height=315 type=youtube]MrPNM4M50z8[/video]

Do you have a catalog or online presence? What do you carry and do you ship internationally?

Like the looks so far (y) (y) (y)
James

They are very small in size the roof removes quite easily ..... I only used the roof over the body for the video ..... to show the amazing power of these magnets ..... I think there is a use for them in any panel that need to be secure but not attached via cement ..... the smallest size is 1/16 X 1/32 I use those to hold my Warhammer soldiers arms on .... I really don't think they will hurt anything ..... if you drill the hole for them deep enough a little putty & paint will hide them ..... :eek:ldguy

Do you have a catalog or online presence? What do you carry and do you ship internationally?

James
He better I am planning on getting some Sci Fi stuff for myself from him this year (Ork Plane baby)

I'll be working on the Ork plane tonight ..... I mean Ork Viper ..... I'm just having issues with cutting up two more perfectly good Ork Bombers ..... I really like the magnets though ..... :eek:ldguy

James
He better I am planning on getting some Sci Fi stuff for myself from him this year (Ork Plane baby)

I'll be working on the Ork plane tonight ..... I mean Ork Viper ..... I'm just having issues with cutting up two more perfectly good Ork Bombers ..... I really like the magnets though ..... :eek:ldguy

:popcorn

Don't worry Ed ..... I'll work on both I've got three models on the bench and My truck needs Shocks installed ..... Something's gonna give ..... I'm no Multi-tasker ..... :eek:ldguy

I did a little prep work on the Motor car last night ....... :eek:ldguy

ha924319.JPG

A friend gave me these Stained Glass clerestory windows .... for my roof top winders .... :eek:ldguy

hd6385d6.JPG

So I painted the inside of the roof ..... I must sand the slotted piece of wood and cut and place each window in the exact spot or it may look funny ..... I need to make a cutting and alignment Jig ..... before I proceed ..... :eek:ldguy

I couldn't find My sea-foam green ..... which is probably the interior color .... I'll snatch some off the citadel rack .....

h1aead42.JPG

I'll be a painting tonight ..... :eek:ldguy

Ok enough of this dribble ..... Time to get back on this ...... Now that the Bulldog is half-Ass finished ..... :eek:ldguy

Back