• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

I've already thought about the video ...... Ya'll wouldn't believe Me other wise ....... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Ed glad to see you like this ..... I think :eek:ldguy
Oh we would believe you Its just we are about as big a bunch of geeks as you are my friend and we would all love to hear it :blush: :geek

Okay but I'll have to wait till tomorrow when I get my bank accounts .... straightened out so I can call soundtraxx and order the Doodlebug sound chip are actually not a Doodlebug sound chip but a Galloping Goose sound chip :train

Okay but I'll have to wait till tomorrow when I get my bank accounts .... straightened out so I can call soundtraxx and order the Doodlebug sound chip are actually not a Doodlebug sound chip but a Galloping Goose sound chip :train

So, lemme see if I git dis strait... Yer Doodlebug's gonna git goosed? :huh: :S :idonno :popcorn

So, lemme see if I git dis strait... Yer Doodlebug's gonna git goosed? :huh: :S :idonno :popcorn

You guessed it Ed ..... JUST the motor sound in the chip is of a galloping goose which was a old Packard on a school bus frame with a cargo trailer ..... Oh go here for the sound bite ....

http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/tsunami/showwistle.php?s=goose5

Just for the rest of the great modelers who are interested in my build ..... Today I found a old motor in a Doodle bug frame that didn't work to well so I'll use it for the new motive power ..... Here's photos of the trucks after I removed the Bug from them ..... :eek:ldguy

h49498f4.JPG

h8e72302.JPG

Front power truck ........

h744d328.JPG

And the rear truck ...... I'm going to the Car shop for now ...... ED You and Dave go Play with yourselves ..... :eek:ldguy

You guessed it Ed ..... JUST the motor sound in the chip is of a galloping goose which was a old Packard on a school bus frame with a cargo trailer ..... Oh go here for the sound bite ....

http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/tsunami/showwistle.php?s=goose5

Thanks :eek:ldguy I turned up the sound & my grandnephew came a runnin'!! :evil: (y)

Just for the rest of the great modelers who are interested in my build ..... Today I found a old motor in a Doodle bug frame that didn't work to well so I'll use it for the new motive power ..... Here's photos of the trucks after I removed the Bug from them ..... :eek:ldguy

h49498f4.JPG

h8e72302.JPG

Front power truck ........

h744d328.JPG

And the rear truck ...... I'm going to the Car shop for now ...... ED You and Dave go Play with yourselves ..... :eek:ldguy

Now datz interesting... I never got seriously into model trains but, now that I know I have a few connections to the RR....

Your welcome Ed the Soundtraxx web site has all kinds of sound samples ...... Sounds like a future Model railroader ...... Who knows maybe even a older uncle who would build him one ..... :eek:ldguy

Does not sound like a goose to me and is way to good looking for a goose also :D

Thanks Dave ...... Just for you I'll give you real photos of the Goose ...... This vehicle is highly sought after by all model roaders ...... and is still in operation on the Colorado railroad Museum ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galloping_Goose_(railcar) ...... Here's your wiki link ...... Oh and I said Packard yesterday ..... theyw ere powered by a Pierce Arrow & Buicks ..... sorry about that .... :eek:ldguy

hd8081c5.jpg

h481dbf3.jpg

These were used by the Rio Grande & Southern Railroad as a way for the school children & mail delivery on the route as there wasn't enough passenger traffic for a proper passenger train ...... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Luiz for your interest in this ........ :eek:ldguy

Thats a real interesting piece of history and a very funky half car half train design .......I like it lots

Okay now that is very cool. So they picked up school kids in the morning and dropped them off at school then delivered shipping, then the reverse later? Thats neat.
James

Your welcome Ed the Soundtraxx web site has all kinds of sound samples ...... Sounds like a future Model railroader ...... Who knows maybe even a older uncle who would build him one ..... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Gerry! Who knows about me gittin' into that part of the hobby. Too expensive fer me at this time :bang head Maybe the grandmonkey will get into it one day.... With all da engineers, brakemen & Conductors within da family tree... alot were with the AT&SF RR but, found others on the Colorado, another with the Indiana or Illiinois. B)

Okay now that is very cool. So they picked up school kids in the morning and dropped them off at school then delivered shipping, then the reverse later? Thats neat.
James

Wonder how many kids got mailed off accidently :hmmm Ya do know that they actually did that back in the day....

Thanks Fellers .... I've been busy all day ..... put out fires at the store ..... your views and comment are much appreciated ...... :eek:ldguy

Back